Child Care- How Much Does Everyone Else Pay?

iVillage Member
Child Care- How Much Does Everyone Else Pay?
Wed, 10-17-2012 - 9:03am

You may be preparing to return to working since the arrival of your baby (if you have not already returned!)  I wanted to share an interesting article that highlights how much people pay for childcare in different parts of the county.  It is amazing how much it varies!

How Much Is Everyone Else Paying for Childcare? http://www.ivillage.com/how-much-everyone-else-pay​ing-childcare-see-our-poll/6-a-191804

It's amazing to see how varied it is around the country! What is your childcare arrangement for when you return to work?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-18-2012 - 2:29am

When I go back to work next month my sister will stay at home with baby Zoe and I will be paying her $200 a month but once Zoe's spot opens up in a couple months at the military daycare we will be paying around $600 month. Regular daycare in Hawaii runs about $1200 a month for a newborn. 

BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-18-2012 - 7:59am

I was paying over $200 per week for school aged children during the summer while I was still working.  Since my job paid so little ($12 per hour with an hour commute each way), it was cheaper for me to just stay home when we had the two youngest.  And that was with childcare out of someone's house.  The bigger daycare's in the area are even more expensive.

Photobucket