My 40 week appt/ cervix stretching

iVillage Member
My 40 week appt/ cervix stretching
Fri, 09-21-2012 - 5:02pm
Today is my due date, and I had my 40 week appt too. At my last appt, which was at 39 week, I was not dilated at all and only 50% effaced. Today the Dr checked me and I am 2 cm dilated(yayy). Also 70% effaced and the baby is low, didnt ask how much though. During the checkup, dr went really deep inside and it was a little painful as I started feeling cramping with it. He told me he had done some stretching inside and was hoping that will help fasten things a bit. He said 2cm dilation in a week is gud progress and hopefully baby will come any minute now. I was given appr date for next week, but he said I might have my baby before that. So I have a few questions to ask u girls based on ur experiences. 1. Has anyone had their cervix stretched and if so, how soon did u go into labor afterwards?? 2. If the Dr is so hopeful of me going into labor soon, does that mean I actual will or is it one of those things where even he Dr can go wrong mostly?? 3. I've heard women hving bleeding after stretching of cervix but I hvnt had any bleeding yet (it's been 4.5 hours since I've had it done), but I do hve cramping ever since I've had it. I'll love it if u cud answer these, so impatient now....
Mehvish
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-21-2012 - 9:01pm
I am now having contractions quite frequently but they r not painful at all, just my whole stomach tightening togethr....I also hve lower back pain that sometimes stays and sometimes comes & goes....this has been happening ever since I had the cervix stretch this morning...u think that means I'm close to labor? Sending labor dust to u too....
Mehvish
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-22-2012 - 8:44am

With the mild contractions..I'd think it is safe to say..that your dilation is moving right along. Often times...women just experience period like cramping for some time before the PAINFUL, time-able ones jump onboard. I'd say..you are CLOSE!

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-23-2012 - 1:49am
I am so so disappointed, I never knew I wud feel this way...wokeup in the morning with the light back pain still there but the pain was totally gone during the day...no contractions today and I feel so sad :smileysad:(( last night before going to bed. Actually thought I might just go no labor overnight since the symptoms wer all there but nothing happened...I guess it was all just because of my internal exam and cervical stretching at my appt yesterday....so that isn't work or me :smileysad:((
Mehvish
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-23-2012 - 1:51am
How're u feeling Jennifer??
Mehvish
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-23-2012 - 4:50pm
Hope all goes well for u...keep us updated....
Mehvish