Nausea before missed period?

iVillage Member
Nausea before missed period?
Sat, 01-07-2012 - 10:31am

I know that the answer should be no. That would make sense. But I have been feeling really off for 3 days now. I'm on CD22 right now. A tummy bug has been going around, and my son got it so I just figured I was preparing to get sick. Every morning though I wake up NOT with the flu but feeling "iffy" but super hungry. For the second time this week I had super vivid dreams which for me is not normal. My tummy just doesn't feel right, but I still want to eat. I haven't missed my period yet, and I know MS usually doesn't kick in until weeks 5-6. Did anyone else experience this and get a BFP? This isn't in my mind...I know many symptoms can be created in our head...but this nausea is certainly real. i've been MILDLY crampy on and off and had some very light brown spotting in some CM this Tuesday. Thanks for reading!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 01-07-2012 - 4:38pm

I totally had nausea before my missed period, I actually took the official HPT 1 day before my missed period but I was having symptoms at least a week prior I thought I was going crazy (true story). Now my nausea went down somewhat other smells still get me and eating late makes me really nauseous. I cannot wait until the 2nd trimester!!!!

BabyFetus Ticker
Community Leader
Sat, 01-07-2012 - 10:07pm
I had nausea before my missed period with my last pregnancy and this one. I tested at 10dpo and 11dpo respectively and got BFPs, so it's definitely possible.
iVillage Member
Sun, 01-08-2012 - 8:46am

It seems to have subsided, so maybe my body was just fighting the bug hard and I didn't get knocked down with it. I'm feeling better today so maybe that was it. :-( LOL I have had on and off cramping/low back pain here and there which was certainly a symptom with both of my boys. My cycles have been screwy since I became a fitness instructor though, so that's happened before when I had a super long cycle. The cramps were 6 days before my period is due. I'm certainly more snippy and annoyed here and there. Haha. I've also had CRAZY vivid dreams the past three nights. That never EVER happens. It's odd. This waiting game is nuts!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 01-08-2012 - 7:33pm
I get nausea pretty much before every period and I've never been pregnant. It is very possible to get it and be pregnant but it is very possible to get it and not be pregnant too. It has to do w/ the hormone fluctuations. Mine usually comes about 3 days before my period comes b/c my temp/hormones always get really high then bottom out for my period to come.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-08-2012 - 11:17pm
It came back a little this evening . I had lower abdominal cramping and lower back pain today. Had that with both boys!
Photobucket