Not sleeping

iVillage Member
Not sleeping
Fri, 09-14-2012 - 7:55am
Hi ladies, As tired as I am during the day I have been fighting the urge to nap but I am still not sleeping at night. When i do finally fall asleep it's for a couple of minutes at a time. I don't even mind getting up at night a couple of times to pee. My eyes are closed and I'm wide awake. I tried warm milk before bed and it doesn't help. Also, baby moves around a lot at night so that is part of it. I feel like I'm walkingnaround like a zombie duringnthenday. Wish I could take something to help me sleep. thank you. Monica
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-14-2012 - 8:57am

Welcome to late pregnancy! I could barely sleep those last 2 weeks before Jackson was born. I was exhausted ALL day..and about 1 hour after getting up in the morning, I thought I would COLLAPSE from exhaustion. Jackson was a night owl in the womb.....a real wiggle worm. I would fall asleep..and then wake up and look at the clock and realize..it was ONLY 15 minutes from the last time I was awake!! There was NO CURE. It went on like this for almost 2 weeks.

I'm sorry.....I THOUGHT I would get some good sleep before he came...because I KNEW once he got here..no sleep for me! Alas...it did not work out that way.

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-14-2012 - 9:27am
Thank you lol. I have not made it this far along in a preganancy as my daughter was 2 1/2 weeks early. Between headaches and not sleeping it is hard to get through the day. I still need to get things for this baby like a bassinet, stroller, etc. Hoping to get it all done this weekend. :smileyhappy:
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-14-2012 - 12:43pm

Hon, if you're able to get a nap in during the day, do so.  By not napping, your body is so overtired that it may make it even harder to sleep at night.  I used to do word finds in bed just to make myself sleepier.  And try to clear your mind before turning in.  I'm awfulk about keeping myself awake by allowing my mind to run, lol.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-14-2012 - 12:57pm
Hi Cindy!
Thanks, good idea. I will try and take a short nap. I think part of it s I am unable to turn off my brain, worrying, etc. I go to bed around 11 and wake up around 7. Maybe instead of a shower tonight I will try a warm bath instead :smileyhappy: I sleep with th a/c but sometimes it keeps me up it's a little loud.