13 Reasons Having a C-Section Is Really Okay

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-18-2012 - 4:51pm

Like so many expectant mothers, I prepared for my ideal birth: I did Kegels, practiced deep breathing and created a labor and delivery playlist on my iPod, which I envisioned would belt out soothing yet encouraging tunes while I battled through contractions and pushed my baby out naturally. (No epidural for me!) Then reality hit. A late ultrasound revealed my son was breech, so the cesarean section that I dreaded became reality. And you know what? Having a c-section -- which is how over one in three moms-to-be (a whopping 34 percent) deliver -- was absolutely fine. Whether you know in advance that you'll need a cesaran or just had one after a long labor, here are 13 surprising perks of delivering this way.

Read More http://www.ivillage.com/how-avoid-childbirth-regrets-after-c-section/6-b-407576#ixzz1jqhSMBVU

Photobucket

iVillage Member
I so agree. My first was an all natural birth so with my second I expected the same. That wasn't to be though and I ended up having a c-section and I was terrified! I wish I'd known how it would be. The only thing I still dread about the c-sections that I now have to have routinely is the catheter :/ Hate those things lol
Photobucket
iVillage Member

I also had a natural childbirth for my first.

Photobucket