Co-sleeping

iVillage Member
Co-sleeping
Fri, 02-17-2012 - 12:10pm

Since this was touched upon up top, I figured I'd get a thread started.

Do you plan on co-sleeping?

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: compyquin
Tue, 04-10-2012 - 4:03pm

I do plan on co-sleeping for the first few weeks for sure with this baby. I have done it with my other two children and it has worked really well, we swaddle and co-sleep, we also use a pacifier. Both of their sleep habits were great by 2-3 weeks of age, sleeping through the night. With DS we had a co-sleeper in our bed with him in it but I don't think we'll use it this time as it took up a lot of room and we were all more comfortable with him just sleeping between us.

We just have to make sure to not use many pillows and keep the comforter down at baby's leg level. DH and I both can be very active sleepers but it seems that when there is a baby in our bed we instinctively don't roll over baby, same with our other kids (who occasionally join us in bed even now, they are ages 2 and 5), it's easy to sleep with them in our bed.

So, in the interest of doing what has worked for us thus far, we will definitely be co-sleeping again this time around!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-14-2012 - 4:22pm

Good to know.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-14-2012 - 1:01pm

Sorry, that was me. : ) Ivillage has deactivated that account so shouldn't happen anymore.

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-11-2012 - 10:29am

I'm also a light sleeper and wake at any movement from his crib (where he sleeps now at the foot end of our bed).

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-10-2012 - 6:47pm

We co-slept with DS. I was SAH, DH was working over time daily and sleeping with baby was the only thing that kept me alive when I was the only one getting up at night with him. He still likes to sleep with us sometimes, but he prefers his own room. The nights when he climbs in and snuggles with me are too precious to sacrifice. I've been a light sleeper since DS was born, to this day I hear him roll around in his bed the room over.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-02-2012 - 4:09pm
I don't have a plan as to whether I will co-sleep or not - I need to know how good of a sleeper my baby is first :-) With my first 2 kids, they both slept through the night after a few weeks so they slept in their crib or bassinet. However, with both kids, when I returned to work when they were 3 months old, they reverse cycled (I breastfeed) and wanted to nurse all night - so co-sleeping it was! This was the only way I could get any sleep. DH was fine with this arrangement too because before they slept with me, it was his job to get the crying baby, change the diaper, and then bring baby to me to nurse whenever he/she woke up in the middle of the night! Now, it would be great if baby #3 didn't follow this same pattern, but I'm not holding my breath :-) I have no problems co-sleeping again if I need to. With my other kids, it only lasted a few months and then I was able to get them back into their own beds at night.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-02-2012 - 9:26am

Yeah, I saw the price, lol.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-02-2012 - 8:57am

The Nap Nanny RULES! I almost choked when we paid 129.00 for it...but it is soft, keeps my reflux babies upright...etc.... LOVE the Nap nanny.

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-01-2012 - 1:29pm

Oh, I totally agree!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-01-2012 - 11:31am

Everyone has different opinions on this....But I just DONT believe in co-sleeping. I feel it is dangerous, and with several family member that have lost babies to SIDS....I am hypersensitive to do's and don'ts. With our Babies, we have always had them sleep IN a bassinet (not a standard one...the attached Pack-n-Play Bassinet in our PNP. With or DD..she had terrible acid reflux, so we got a Nap nanny for her until her reflux was under control. She slept IN the Nap Nanny...which was placed IN the Pack-n-play. My babies have typically transferred to their OWN cribs, in their OWN rooms by 6-7 weeks old...But I have also been very lucky to have babies that sleep Through the night (10p-6am) at 6-7 weeks old. And with DD...by the time she was 10 weeks old...she slept from 8p-7a.

Pages