iVillage Member
Homebirth or Hospital Birth?
Wed, 01-11-2012 - 5:07pm

Which one will you be having and why?

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-30-2012 - 11:04pm
After going natural with my second and laboring at home until an hour before she was born, I would loveloveLOVE to have a homebirth. But our insurance is maybe TOO awesome in that my prenatal care and hospital birth are 100% covered with not a penny out of pocket for me. Maryland is also making it very difficult for midwives to deliver babies at home too for some reason, so I'm not sure I'd be able to deliver at home even if I decided to.
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-31-2012 - 7:57am
wow you have great insurance. We currently have no insurance b/c it's way too expensive for us to afford. All that is offered is high premium, high deductible policies. we'd be paying over $1000/mo in premium and then we'd have to get to $10,000 out of pocket before insurance picks anything up. So we just pay cash for everything. I'll be using a birthing center where they charge $3200 for everything. Way better than insurance where we'd have to pay for this PG 100% out of pocket.

Rachel

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-02-2012 - 11:33am
$1000/mo?! That's ridiculous. The birth center sounds like a good deal though! I had different insurance with my first and paid more than that WITH insurance, though that was with an epi and a few nights in the hospital too. Medical costs and insurance in this country are just retarded.
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-02-2012 - 11:58am

I will be having my baby at a hospital affiliated birth center..Ive never had complicated delivery's but my pregnancys were all high risk and I'd rather be safe than sorry.I can get medical attention if I need it but its not forced..My last experience here was amazing..I was left alone while I wanted to be alone and only bothered when it was necessary(like I said I did have medical complications and they needed to check baby from time to time)..

BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-15-2012 - 7:20pm
I'm all for both options. I see the pros and cons of both. It all depends on the situation. But for me I'm all about hospitals because I can get an epidural!!!! I'm really slow at dilating. I always end up having to have pitocin. But even then it still is slow. But every time I've had an epidural I dilate like crazy! I swear by epidurals. I never want to know what it feels to push a baby out with out one. It hurts enough with one.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-16-2012 - 2:24am

I will be having a hospital birth.

Pages