Losing hope

iVillage Member
Losing hope
Tue, 01-17-2012 - 5:15pm

I had light brown spotting from Saturday night through Monday afternoon and it left me on a roller coaster of emotions: freaking out, thinking everything is fine, everything in between. I haven't had any more spotting today yet, but I have had some mild AF type cramps for the past several days and just feel different and not as pregnant any more. Even though my cramping/spotting symptoms haven't gotten any worse, I'm losing hope and just feeling like something is wrong. Making things worse, DH has been out of town all weekend at a conference and staying with other people there, so we've hardly had much chance to talk about any of this, and now we're on different pages about it. I just talked to him on the phone and he's still happily thinking we're pregnant and that we shouldn't worry about the spotting; I feel a lot more pessimistic at this point. Couldn't really discuss it yet as I'm at work and don't have a private place to talk. We'll talk tonight.

I was so sure I was pregnant, I knew it from before even the first day of my missed period and didn't even feel like I needed to POAS to verify it. And I was. This is my first pregnancy so it was kind of amazing to me how I just "knew". And now I feel almost as strongly that I am just not pregnant any more. I hope I'm wrong.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: ais1inn
Tue, 01-17-2012 - 6:33pm
I am sorry you are going through this. I had a miscarriage before my son. I 've read that spotting is very common in early pregnancy, especially around the time a period is due. To get definitive answers, I think your OB should order an ultrasound to see the heartbeat. Do you think he/she will go for it? HCG numbers stop doubling as a pregnancy progresses, so I don't know how reliable it is at 7 weeks. As for AF cramps, I had them a lot when I was pregnant with my son (no spotting), he is a happy/healthy 3-year-old now. Do you still have your other pregnancy symptoms ( nausea, fatigue etc)?
pregnancy week by week
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-18-2012 - 8:05am

Thanks for your response. I had fairly mild prengancy symptoms to begin with, so it's hard for me to tell if they are still here, or have gone away, or what. My bbs are still a little sore, but much less so than they were before. I've been tired, but then again, I haven't been sleeping well and have been having lots of stress dreams, so that would make me tired anyway. So I just don't know. FWIW no spotting still since Monday evening.

I called to ask the result of my first blood draw, even though I know you can't really tell anything from it yet, and it was 53,449 which is well within the range for a healthy pregnancy at 7 weeks. Robust, even. So that is some cautiously optimistic news. I know the values may not double, especially as they are already on the high side, I've read the doubling can take 96 hours by this point instead of 48. So I think a good number to hope for would be in the 70's or higher.

The nurse had originally said, on Monday, that they wanted to do the blood draws and "may" do an u/s as well. So I'm hoping that because my numbers are high enough, they will decide they can go ahead and do it. I would guess that if they were thinking about it, the only thing that might make them not do it is if my numbers were low and rising, because then it might be too early....? But now I'm just guessing.

So I don't know. I"m trying not to get my hopes up too high and also trying to leave behind all the negative feelings from yesterday. I want to just be calm and wait and hope for the best. But it's hard.

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-18-2012 - 8:51am
I hope you get some answers soon. The roller coaster is so hard.

Rachel

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-18-2012 - 11:03am

Hang in there.

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-18-2012 - 2:51pm

Thanks. Went in at lunch time for second blood draw, but they said that due to the numbers they would rather do an u/s instead of a blood draw, which is fine by me. The only bad part is that the wait will be longer -- they could have done the u/s tomorrow morning, but I opted for Friday morning so DH can be there with me.

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-18-2012 - 2:55pm

I'm glad they are going to do an ultrasound. Hang in there.

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-18-2012 - 3:25pm

I am glad they decided to do an u/s. Also, it's great that your DH will be there with you. No more spotting and high

pregnancy week by week
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-20-2012 - 2:05am

How was the ultrasound?

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-20-2012 - 2:33am
hey, I've been off the board awhile, but I wanted to say that I'm praying for you, I hope your ultrasound showed a healthy little baby. I've read that some baby's heartbeats don't show until 10 weeks, so if you don't see it don't stress too much. And ad an added hopefully reasurring note, I'm still in the game! My baby is apparently holding on!
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-20-2012 - 12:55pm

It went great, everything is fine, I'm so relieved!! I posted about it

Pages