Not pregnancy related but prayers needed

iVillage Member
Not pregnancy related but prayers needed
Mon, 03-12-2012 - 9:17pm

This has nothing to do with my new bundle of joy, it has to do with my DS. He is having surgery on Thursday to have tubes put in. Normally this would be a simple routine in and out procedure. However, my DS has a rare condition called mastocytosis. Which causes allergic type reactions to random things, his mast cells over react and go nuts and cause reactions ranging from rashes/gastro issues/breathing issues/anaphalaxis.

So because of his condition and the fact that he can have a reaction to the anestesia this is a high risk procedure, they are doing it in the main hospital and not in outpatient. He has to be in the main OR not the side wing ones. Basically the dr said they do this so if there is a reaction they don't want to waste time transporting him to the main hospital they will already be there.

The dr has done procedures on masto patients before and he said that some do perfect, no different than a normal kid and some require an overnight stay so we are planning on spending the night and praying we won't have to.

So i'd appreciate any and all prayers and positive thoughts for Thursday! I'm already a nervous wreck and I know i'll be even worse when it comes time for them to take him from me. :'(

Angela - CL Sept 2012 Apple Blossoms - Wife to Andy, Mom to Lily (4), Aiden (1), and Braelynn born 7.27.12

iVillage Member
I will be praying for your ds. What is his name?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-13-2012 - 10:27am
Aiden. Thank you so much

Angela - CL Sept 2012 Apple Blossoms - Wife to Andy, Mom to Lily (4), Aiden (1), and Braelynn born 7.27.12

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-13-2012 - 12:53pm

Prayers going out for Aiden that all goes smoothly.

Photobucket
iVillage Member

Pryaers and hugs.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Everything went well. He didn't have any complications during the procedure and it was super fast. The dr said he had fluid and mucus behind both ears again so we have to do drops to help clear it all up. He started to break out a tad after he woke up but a dose of his meds before he left the hospital nipped it in the butt. We were back home not even 3-4 hours after we got there. I'm thankful that everything went well and thankful for all the prayers. I felt suprisingly calm considering everything I was even able to walk with him back to the OR doors, which I was unable to do with my daughter when she had surgery a few years ago.

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-16-2012 - 10:07am

So glad to hear the surgery went well.

Photobucket