36 week appt and question

iVillage Member
36 week appt and question
Thu, 09-06-2012 - 8:48am
Hi ladies, I am up to weekly appts since last week. My ob checked me and told me I my cervix was closed and there was no change and that was last weeks appt. I had an appt yesterday he checked me and told me I was effaced did not say how much effaced, then he measured my belly and checked babys hb with the Doppler. The he ordered a stress test and an ultrasound and did not say why. My ob is great but doesnt have great bedside manner. I always feel rushed during my appts. I forgot to ask my ob how much he weighs. I asked the ultrasound tech why I was having one today and she said she thinks because of my age, I am 37. It was nice to see the baby because my last ultrasound was at my level two. He was playing with his foot, she showed me his kidneys and said he is in head down position. she also told me his bladder and mine were both full lol. I am scheduled to have a c section on 9/25. I have some guilt associated with having a c section but I have to since I had a c section (emergency) with my daughter that was 7 years ago. Monica
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-07-2012 - 12:11pm
Thanks Cindy! :smileyhappy:
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-07-2012 - 11:04am

I second what Andrea said as far as recovery.  My first and third c-sections were far easier on me than the natural birth.  And you certainly wouldn't want the exhaustion of labor in addition to a c-section on top of that.  Hang in there Mama!  :smileyhappy:

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Re: 36 week appt and question
Fri, 09-07-2012 - 10:54am

My oldest was 15 days early.  I lost my mucous plug, had bloody show and went into labor 3 hours later.  Start to finish it was 22 1/2 hours.  So 3 out of 4 were indeed early.  The funny thing is, they all seem to be early risers as well.  Dd#2 is my lazy bug.  She prefers to stay in bed where it's warm.  Lol.  She was taken 2 weeks early via c-section so I wouldn't go into labor on my own, but doubtful that I would have, lol.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-07-2012 - 9:46am
Thanks Andi! :smileyhappy: after reading about it I feel better about having a c section. Even if I go I to labor and try to have the baby natural, there are risks involved and that scares me more than having a c section.
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-07-2012 - 9:16am

I was going to try for a VBAC in 2002 with my DS.  Turns out I had to have a c-section anyway, and the doctor said it was a good thing because of the exsisting scarring he had to cut through my labor would have been very dangerous and painful!  So ALWAYS trust your instincts!  This is my 4th c-section and I refuse to feel bad, even though this is DH's first baby, because I know in my heart it is the best thing for me and Quinn, and hubby agrees.  Good luck sweetie!!  (And Just for the record, I always worried that recovery from a repeat c would be harder.  But in my case it has always been a lot easier than my first vaginal birth!)

Photobucket