Anyone else REALLY wanting to wait until September to deliver?

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Anyone else REALLY wanting to wait until September to deliver?
Sun, 08-19-2012 - 3:45pm

As uncomfortable as I am, sometimes I do think that I'd like to have this little one anytime. It has been torture to walk, roll over in bed, etc. since 27 or 28 weeks, but I know she needs to bake a lil longer. I was just thinking last night about how quick this pregnancy has been, and I'm not ready to NOT be pg anymore! :smileyhappy: This probably isn't our last, but it still makes me sad to get to the end of the pregnancy. I do love being pregnant, no matter how uncomfortable I am. :smileyhappy: Plus, I flexed a whole lot of $$ for delivery that doesn't start until Sept. 1st. So, if I have the baby before then, I'll more than likely lose it!

Jennifer

iVillage Member
I am hoping to deliver before September I am honestly so over this pregnancy I am ready to have my body & emotions back to normal. I really think I am just tired of working and need a break.
 BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member

After all the threats of Delivery since 26 weeks.....I was SURE he was coming anytime. Then at my Appt. Thursday.....I decided, I wanted him to stay put a week or so longer...so he could get bigger and I could TRY to get some sleep. Alas..he arrived THAT night! LOL.

Go figure..these babies have their own agenda's!

iVillage Member
Oh Jen.... I am so with you. Last baby....last pregnancy. I love being pregnant. I'm ready to meet this stinker, but i'm so sad how fast it truly goes by.

I have a scheduled c/s and as it creeps closer, I get more and more sad. But not sad. If that makes sense.
Kelly Mom to: DD 10/00 DS 7/05 DD 10/08 Angel 10/11 #4 EDD - late Sept
iVillage Member
I'm hoping for the 31st - then I get the choice if he starts kindy at 5 or 6 - I just want a choice. :smileyhappy:
I don't want to go too early because of my maternity leave. I only get 6 weeks, then he's going to be going to work with me. The longer he's in here the closer we are to the holiday time off (Thanksgiving and Christmas). Having a newborn at the office is going to be a challenge and I look forward to that paid vacation time. He starts daycare in January.
Plus, we still don't have a name so he can take his time. Oh, and I'm terrified of the big life change that having a baby is!!! We tried for 8 months for this baby and I'm very happy... but right now things are pretty easy - just me, DH, and my sweet 4 year old. Life's about to get a lot more complicated! lol
Photobucket
iVillage Member

Oh man, I am so ready for this baby to get here...I feel like I have been pregnant forever and sometimes I feel like the baby just will never come. I had been hoping to give birth by today, which is DH's first day of class -- obviously that didn't happen! The thought that I could still go another FOUR WEEKS is so hard to accept! I am just trying to take it one day at a time, and focus on all the good things about going for longer...especially since this will be our first child, these are our last days of living with just the two of us, enjoying our childless lives. But I am so impatient to just not be pregnant anymore, I have to really remind myself to focus on those benefits while I can!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member

I'm with Lawswife.  I'm over this pregnancy, ready to get my body and emotions back.  This one has hit me so much harder than all of my other 3 and I'm just exhausted.  I'm ready to meet her and move on with the next chapter in our lives.  Watching our kids grow up.  Early on, I was on the fence about the permanency of having my tubes tied (as this was meant to be our last).  I signed the papers at my last appointment with no regrets, lol.  I also have no doubt that these little ones have their own agendas, regardless of what we want, lol.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
I do but that's because I'm not due till the 29th. But really I'm kinda hoping he waits to come out till October 6th. I have 2 concerts to go to. One we knew would be the day before my due date but got the tickets anyway. The other concert was supposed to be in April but they had a family emergency and now they rescheduled it for Oct 5th. So we are having to play it by ear weather we can go or not. Actually if he came a week early maybe I could still go to both. I just would have to make sure to leave a bottle and probably wouldn't be able to stay out too late.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
My COBRA starts Sept 1st, so I would like to go before then so I only have to pay one month before DH can add me to his.