Pre Term Labor/False Labor

iVillage Member
Pre Term Labor/False Labor
Sat, 08-18-2012 - 11:32pm

After reading a bunch of posts and hearing about 2 LOs being born in August, I laughed and jokingly said to myself that my wee one was going to take his sweet time to get here. 

I was kinda wrong?? 

Thursday I had contractions all day, sporadic but scheduled - started at an hour apart, went to about 30 min apart, then to 7-10 min, then to 4 min. They were strong but nothing major. I just figured I over did it and went to bed.

At about 4am I woke up and didn't go back to bed - these contractions were very intermittent. Drank some water, walked around, ate a snack. Finally called the Dr at 9am - they told me to come in.

Once in and being examined they determined I was about 1cm dilated. No big deal - but when she pulled her glove out it was full of blood. The pad under me, the tissues I used to wipe off with - everything.... so they sent me to the hospital and admitted me.

I was given fluids and IV antibiotics (gbstrep) they told me they wouldn't stop my labor, but they weren't going to help it along either - (35 weeks) so my contractions got to be 2 min apart for several hours and lots of breathing - but no change to my cervix...... :smileysad: they evenutally stopped on their own.

I am still having bloody show with the stronger contractions now that I am at home - but again they aren't very regular.

Not looking forward to playing this game for the next few weeks - hoping on my dr appt on Monday when I see my doctor he will decide something different.

Guess we are all trying to have August babies :smileytongue: 

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-19-2012 - 3:19pm

My OB also told me after our last Trip to L&D for Labor at 35 weeks..that would no longer STOP my labor. My cervix was also NOT budging at that time......and MOST of my mucous plug was gone...but I did NOT have bloody show. And THIS Time (unlike with DD 2 years ago)...I never GOT Bloody show.......I just went into FULL BLOWN Labor....and it was INSANE!

I am banking on about 1/2 of these September Babies being Born in August.... They just don;t seem to want to wait..do they?

I am just SO THANKFUL..That Baby Jack came out healthy...despite being early.....and so small!

I'm thinking of you..and betting you MIGHT have a baby this week! My sister had her bloody show for THREE weeks before she went into labor! Hope you don;t have to wait THAT long! LOL

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-19-2012 - 4:28pm
Thanks! Very happy Jack is healthy as well. I think that is the scariest part about going earlier than anticipated.
I think he will come some time this week too - my Dr is a very kind man, lol, I don't think he will let me go too much longer with bleeding of and on and contractions.
His wife (they practice together) is the one that I saw and though she is a great Dr, she has different views than her husband.
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 9:53am

Phew! I feel very ready to have this baby already, but if I were having contractions all the time and blood everywhere, that would be a lot worse! I hope your body either goes into labor or settles down very soon!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 11:59am

Hugs.  I certainly hope baby makes an appearance sooner rather than later.  I had a morning last week where I was contracting every 4 minutes for about 30 seconds and then after about 30 minutes, they just stopped.  Somebody made a comment to me recently that I haven't dropped yet, but in all honesty, I didn't drop with ds until he was ready to show up, lol.  And I also read that second and more pregnancies, baby won't necessarily drop before labor starts.  So we'll see.  I'm with Lindsay that we may end up with half of the babies being born in August.  :smileywink:

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 1:34pm
I have a Dr's appt today, so we will see. The only thing that really concerns me is that my belly is painful to touch - it feels like it is trying to rip away from my body. :smileysad:
Never felt that sensation with my daughter and she was 42 weeks when she was born. I was uncomfortable yes, but not to the point that it hurt like this.
The bleeding and contractions are intermittent and he seriously wiggles around during contractions - apparently he is not a fan of being squeezed. I have joked the whole time that he is a personal space baby - he is all about being able to have his space and does whatever he can in there to sprawl out as much as possible.
I will give ya'll an update later today when I get home or if I get sent back to hospital - you will hear from me soon :smileytongue:
Hope everyone else is hanging in there!
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 9:24pm
I'm still here - no restrictions at all - Dr is encouraging me to walk and participate in any other activities that would help promote labor...which I have zero desire to have sex - lets be honest.
Otherwise IF I make it to 37 weeks (1st week of September) he will consider inducing me. From his tone, I don't think he really thinks I will make it that far - here's hoping!