What does it feel like when your water breaks?

iVillage Member
What does it feel like when your water breaks?
Thu, 08-16-2012 - 8:20am

During her pregnancy, baby-carrying Jessica Simpson declared that when her water breaks “it will be like a fire hydrant!” (Hilarious visual ensues.) The reason for the flood gates? As she explained to Jimmy Kimmel, her unborn baby girl was apparently swimming in a whole lot of amniotic fluid. So does a lot of liquid equal a crazy water rush? Not always. 

Jessica Simpson Thinks Her Water Breaking "Will Be Like a Fire Hydrant." What Was It Like for You?- http://www.ivillage.com/pregnant-jessica-simpson-her-water-breaking/6-a-437095

BTDT ladies- what did it feel like when your water broke?  Was it a slow leak? Trickle? Huge gush? Share your experience with us!

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-16-2012 - 8:15pm

Mine usually gushes out. It feels like I'm peeing but I can't stop.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-16-2012 - 12:53pm

Mine broke on it's own during a contraction...and it was NOT a trickle. It was a POP, and Gush....the oddest and most memorable sensation for DD's birth! I was like..."what the hell was THAT?"...the nurse said...It was your water breaking!

All-righty then! I think everyone has a different take on it...... there is a frontal sac of water..that the babies head forces pressure on as they descend. Then there is that Secondary GUSH/RUSH of water that sits behind or arounf the Baby (Torso)...... My husband said I was a very "watery" gal.... He is NOT so great at explanations! LOL

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-16-2012 - 9:56am

Mine has never broken on it's own.  With dd#1, they broke it during labor and it was nothing more than a trickle with each contraction.

Photobucket