35 weeks+ f/u Ultrasound

iVillage Member
35 weeks+ f/u Ultrasound
Thu, 08-09-2012 - 2:19pm

My follow up ultrasound for possible fetal growth/IUGR issues was today. The results weren't what we had been hoping for, but what we kind of expected. Baby had grown but head and femur length were still far outpacing his abdomin, which had dropped to the 10th percentile (from 18th 2.5 weeks ago). They aren't officially diagnosing it as IUGR because his overall weight is still in the 33rd percentile, but they are concerned. I've been referred for weekly NSTs and another ultrasound in 2 weeks. If he is still measuring small in his abdomin they will induce.

I feel better knowing they will be monitoring with NSTs, but I'm so ready to just get him out where I can watch over him. The next two weeks are going to be the longest of my life, I swear!

BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-09-2012 - 2:29pm

Ug, I'm sorry to hear that. Waiting is the worst. But although the news wasn't encouraging, it sounds like they still have him at just a borderline/watch stage instead of a more full-blown case. Hopefully the baby will be here sooner rather than later and this stressfull time will all just be a memory!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-09-2012 - 3:05pm

Hugs. Sorry to hear that.  The good news is that there's a light at the end of the tunnel and you'll be holding him before you know it.  :smileyhappy:

Photobucket