36 1/2 wk check in

iVillage Member
36 1/2 wk check in
Fri, 08-10-2012 - 2:46pm

Wellll, I didn't have an appointment, but I ended up at the Dr.'s office this morning anyway. I had been feeling less movement from the baby yesterday and today (baby was still moving, but not for as long and not as forcefully as before), so I called in to find out at what point I should be concerned. They said I should go ahead and come in for an NST. So I did -- the baby passed. I still stand by my observation that the baby is moving *less* than before, but as long as the baby is still moving enough to satisfy the Dr., then I guess everything is fine. They are going to do an NST every week from now on, and are having me do a kick count every night and I should call if there is a departure from normal.

In other news, I was SO tired last night that I went to bed at about 8:30 to lie down, and fell asleep by 9. Amazingly, I slept through until 6:30 am ... not counting the 3 times I got up to pee of course, but still had a great and very long night's sleep. Then today I have been feeling crampy and blah all day. Combined with baby's decreased movements -- is it too much to hope that these are signs that labor is coming!? Probably, but I can still hope right! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-11-2012 - 3:15pm

Aww, hugs.  Your sweet babe will be in your arms before you know it.  :smileyhappy:  Keep in mind also that sometimes baby will have an off day and seem to move less, when in reality you're moving more and masking the kicks.  Hope all continues to go well.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-13-2012 - 12:14pm

Thanks! Yesterday the baby started moving normally again, so I'm less worried. It was thursday, friday, and satruday that the baby was moving less. And yesterday I really felt like the baby must have moved down into position because the highest up I felt any movement was just above my belly button. I was also getting period-like cramps on Friday and felt terrible flu-like symptoms yesterday along with diarrhea. I was thinking the end was near!

Then this morning I feel totally normal, and I'm getting kicked in the ribs again. Gah! I think I'd better stop trying to predict anything and just save my sanity! :smileyhappy:

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers