#4 on the way!

iVillage Member
#4 on the way!
Mon, 01-07-2013 - 11:26pm

Hello! I'm Stephanie. Expecting my 4th and trying to stay optimistic. We've had a very long journey so far and I'm hoping this little one will be the joy we really need right now.

My first son, Dawson (5) has Autism, it's been a rough uphill battle with him, getting him therapies and services among everything else we've had going on.

My 2nd son, Tyler (forever 2), got cancer at 4 months old and we spent half of his short 2 1/2 years in the hospital. He died 11/2/11 and its been so hard carrying on without him.

My 3rd son, Gabriel (22mo) spent his first year at the hospital with his brother, so we really haven't had much for normal baby experiences! He is healthy and developing wonderfully, so he gives me hope for this next baby.

We found out the day after Christmas that we were expecting! Told our families on New Years and they are very excited. Due Sept 10th. The day before my mom's birthday and 3 days after my sister's projected wedding date, so this shall be interesting!

So far this has been a window of hope and something to look forward to and to be excited about. It's been pretty hard since our son passed and I can't even describe the horrors of what he went through in his short lifetime. If you want to read his story, it's here www.caringbridge.org/visit/tylerburdick

If anyone needs nursing advice, I've been going non-stop for 5 1/2 years now, since the kids were all close, and have done tandem twice for a year. Happy to answer questions!

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-08-2013 - 7:57am

Hi Stephanie,

I'm so happy to see you here!  Congratulations on expecting your fourth child and welcome to the September 2013 Expecting Club! I hope that you find friendship and support here during your pregnancy journey.  Wishing you a very happy and healthy nine months!

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-08-2013 - 11:24am
Welcome to the group and congrats on expecting #4. I'm so sorry about your little boy Tyler. I can't imagine going through something like that. ((Hugs)) Looking forward to getting to know you better.