Difficulties in keeping in the news?

iVillage Member
Difficulties in keeping in the news?
Sun, 02-17-2013 - 4:35am

My hubby and I have decided not to share the news at least before the first/next ultrasound. (I say next, because I got to go to a "check-up" u/s when I was only  six weeks along, to make sure everything was okay, because I naturally worried after two unsuccessful pregnancies. So with the first/next I mean what's usually the first u/s around week 12.)

But because my symptoms are getting stronger (yay!) with fatigue and nausea (not so yay), it's harder and harder for me to keep this under wraps. I feel confident in this pregnancy, because my symptoms are stronger and I would like to discuss about this with friends. I've got several who have children already, and one who is pregnant with her first. It's also more difficult to find excuses for my tiredness now that it's been going on for weeks and not to appear "too tired" at work. I feel like I can't be completely honest when people ask how am I doing.

At the same time, I'm totally agreeing with my hubby about not blurting this out before we've been to the ultrasound again and know more about how this pregnancy is advancing. Also, my hubby just recently got a permanent job after some while of being unemployed and we want to have some time between people knowing about the job and about the baby, so that the first question when telling about the baby won't be "how are you going to manage?" but that news about the job has had time to sink in.

So mixed feelings! Is someone else having a hard time not te tell too?

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-19-2013 - 8:01am

I feel for you and I was never able to keep the news in!  It's hard to keep that excitement to yourself (though I certainly understand your reasons for doing so)!  When is your next appointment?  How much longer are you planning on keeping the news to yourself?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-20-2013 - 12:34am

I have a doctor's appointment on March 12th and then the ultrasound on March 20th. So trying to not to spill the beans for a month more! Yesterday I had a hard time chatting with that friend who's expecting her first and is about six weeks ahead of me. I was asking how she's doing and all that. It was a funny feeling when I knew about both our pregnancies and she only knew about her own. I don't see her very regularly and she's got lots of weekend plans so will be out of town until towards the end of March, which is when we are planning to tell people, so it's sort of good too, in this situation, that I don't see her a lot until I can talk freely about this :) I'm 8+6 today.

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-20-2013 - 7:59am

I totally had a hard time keeping it in!  I blabbed to just about everyone.  :)  Hopefully I won't regret that, but I was just so darn excited!

~ Ashley ~

~ Expecting Our First in SEPTEMBER! ~