Keeping Baby's Sex a Secret?

iVillage Member
Keeping Baby's Sex a Secret?
Wed, 03-27-2013 - 8:24am

It's true -- and it's official: Jessica Simpson is expecting a baby boy! After early rumors, a reported boy name and a big ol' hint on Ellen DeGeneres' show, Simpson finally confirmed that Maxwell Drew will have a baby brother on Jimmy Kimmel Live last night.

"The crazy thing is, I never knew that a wiener could actually make me nauseous," she told Kimmel, then gasped and said, "Well, I guess I just told the world that I'm having a boy!"

http://www.ivillage.com/pregnant-jessica-simpson-expecting-baby-boy/6-a-518380

Too funny!  Anyone here trying to keep baby's sex a secret?  If so, are you finding it hard not to slip up and spill the news?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-27-2013 - 8:49am

Theres no way I will be able to keep this secret in once we find out the gender! I can't keep secrets! LOL I will be trying to keep the name a secret though.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-27-2013 - 1:58pm

We are not only keeping the gender surpised, we are going to be surprised ourselves! With all of our other children my husband and I did not want to know the sex of our baby, and it makes the moment of their birth even more special. Nothting will be different with our triplets, although we do know that they are all fraternal, which just increases the element of gender surprise! 

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-31-2013 - 1:13pm
Our families are upset because we won't tell them what names we are thinking about until we figure our the sex of the baby. There is no way I could keep it a secret. All of the parents and students at the dance studio I work at would likely hold me hostage until they found out.

Photobucket