What baby gear do I NEED?

iVillage Member
What baby gear do I NEED?
Tue, 04-02-2013 - 8:12am

It is time I seriously look into getting prepared for baby.  Can the experienced mamas here share what gear they love, what they hate, and what is just not worth the money? As a first time mom I'm fairly clueless so I'd love any/all of your feedback!

~ Ashley ~

~ Expecting Our First in SEPTEMBER! ~

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-03-2013 - 10:07am

You will need a carseat which is a given.  I would suggest getting a carseat stroller combo.  It makes life  a lot easier when you can just keep the sleeping baby in the carseat and push the stroller into the store, doctors office, or anywhere you need to go. A Crib. Go for a durable diaper bag.  With my first DD I bought the cutest diaper bag only to replace it less than three months later. A boppy pillow makes life easier if you plan to breast feed.  If you have a lazy eater they get heavy fast.  A bouncy seat can be a lifesaver!  It doesn't have to be fancy, but the seats with vibration are a plus. 

I wouldn't waste the money on warmers.  They often take too much time to work, then the baby is screaming and overly hungry. 

I know there is more, but I can't think right now.  My brain is full of bubbles :)

Photobucket