What NOT to Say to a Pregnant Woman!

iVillage Member
What NOT to Say to a Pregnant Woman!
Fri, 05-17-2013 - 7:58am

Each time I went through my pregnancies, I gained in the neighborhood of 30 pounds. By today's standards, that seems to be a pretty average amount of weight. (In 1965, the year I was born, my mother was only allowed to gain two pounds per month for a total of 18 pounds. She was so afraid of getting yelled at by her doctor that she would often fast before visits. Yeah, not a good idea.) I know some women gain more and some gain less. It is not about comparing. I promise you, Kim Kardashian, it is not about comparing, so don't listen to what people say.

But I will tell you that if I gained 30 pounds, it looked like I gained 100. I carried huge. It was in my face, my arms, my belly, my butt, my chest, just about everywhere. Needless to say, you could liken me to a whale, a house, or an elephant. Yeah, that big. Today's post is about what not to say to a pregnant woman. The first three are from personal experience. The next two are questions that you need to just trust me on -- don't ask.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/judith-natelli-mclaughlin/you-cant-say-that-to-a-pr_b_3282926.html?utm_hp_ref=parents-pregnancy

Oh my goodness!  What things have been said to you during your pregnancy that caught you off guard? What should you NEVER say to a pregnant woman?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-17-2013 - 11:02am

The weight question just kills me.  I hate being asked how much weight I've gained- what a rude question! 

~ Ashley ~

~ Expecting Our First in SEPTEMBER! ~

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-15-2013 - 9:42pm
My boss is driving me crazy. I work at a dance studio and we have been off on summer break for a week. Today she saw me at a grad party and asked me if my doctor could be wrong about my due date. I am not that big. This is my fourth baby and I am carrying him VERY low. At my last appointment my doctor did say that she doesn't feel I will carry him for the full 40 weeks.

Photobucket