Headed Back-ADR's for 12/2013

iVillage Member
Headed Back-ADR's for 12/2013
Thu, 07-11-2013 - 8:49am

I have been dying to see Disney and December and it seems like this is the year we will get to do it! I am so excited!!! We went to Sesame Place earlier this summer and originally planned a local trip in August but we decided to cancel that and head back to WDW instead! We booked 12/3-12/9, even though it is Pop Warner week and the parade taping! We plan to avoid MK Friday and Saturday and even though we are staying at POP I am hoping the high school kids won't bother me, we generally aren't bothered by stuff like that. I go back and forth about the value of Park Hoppers each trip...this time I think we are passing on them.

Here's our ADRs and Iternerary:

Tuesday 12/3- Arrive in AM, head to Epcot checking into POP, Dinner at GARDEN GRILL at 6:05

Wednesday 12/4-Magic Kingdom, Lunch at CRYSTAL PALACE at 11:30

Thursday 12/5-Animal Kingdom in the AM, rest nap in afternoon, MVMCP in Magic Kingdom at night!!!!

Friday 12/6-Hollywood Studios, Fantasmic Dinner Package for lunch at MAMA MELROSE at 12:10, F! At night

Saturday 12/7- Animal Kingdom, Breakfast at Cape May Cafe at 8:40

Sunday 12/8-Epcot, Candelight Processional Dinner Package for lunch at CORAL REEF at 3:30, Candlelight Processional at night speaker TBD)

Moday 12/9- Magic Kingdom until we fly home at 6:30

Any advice on the Holidays around WDW, POP, avoiding Pop Warner, and parade taping is appreciated! Only ADR I couldn't get that I want is CRT, but I will keep checking!

Melissap.jpg

Pages

Community Leader
Tue, 09-17-2013 - 4:59pm
Melissa - I don't think I commented on here about your trip! Woohoo!! What a great time of year to visit! So happy you got CRT and added a day too! I just heard on the Passporter Moms Podcast that the Glow With the Show Ears that have been available in DL at Wonders of Color are coming to WDW for Fantasmic and I think, eventually, Wishes. Not sure if they'll be around during your trip, but it's worth asking! :)

Val, Co-CL Disney Vacations

Community Leader
Tue, 09-17-2013 - 4:55pm
That video is great! What fun! We love those Tremaines!

Val, Co-CL Disney Vacations

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-23-2013 - 9:26pm

How exciting, M'Shel! I hope there are discounts available for your date! This was the only week we could travel travel around the holidays between DH's schedule and my desire to not miss any holiday school events or family parties, otherwise I would still be waiting on a discount too.

Melissap.jpg

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-22-2013 - 4:55pm

That sounds just great!  How exciting to plan a trip.  I am anxiously waiting for some fall discounts to come out.  I know my dates (unusual for me!), so as soon as I can get a good deal, I'm on it LOL!

Disney 2010
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-19-2013 - 7:16pm

We went in November/December 3 times.   the first two times it was very warm.   The 3rd time we prepared for warm and ended up having to buy fleece jackets there at DTD.    So I guess you never really know.

The dance parties, for us, were so different from the normal stuff you see at WDW, it made the MVMCP worth it to us.  I don't have a video of it when they danced with Jessie, Woody and Bullseye - but it was equally as special.   I love thinking about your children being there to experience it first hand!!

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-18-2013 - 6:17pm

Oh Deb, they are adorable! They look so pretty in their dresses and really look like they are having a blast, as does your DH! I will have to show Gabi...Thanks for sharing. And, I am happy to see kids/adults in short sleeves. A good friend of mine was at the taping two years ago and was just telling me we should bring winter jackets! And, we are from Massachusetts on the NH border, so no strangers to cold, lol!

Melissap.jpg

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-17-2013 - 3:38pm

I would be excited too.   All this talk about Disney had me looking at #s for next year.  LOL.   We already have a summer cruise booked and so I'm not sure I can pull off WDW, but it made me want to.  Sneaky how that happens.

I hope it's okay to share this.   This is a video of my DDs and DH at one of the MVMCP back in 2008.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zpg6ckEhW_w

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-17-2013 - 3:31pm

Well, I just added a day to the trip, lol. We usually fly in the AM on our arrival day to get a decent amount of park time but direct flights would have cost me almost $600 more than an afternoon flight, the hotel is $135p/night so it seemed like a no brainier to add a night on and not lose any time! 

I also added an ADR at San Angel Inn...we have never eaten there but I have always wanted to try it! Deb, I remember you talking about the girls with Jesse and Bullseye! My kids will go nuts for that! I hope they still have it. I booked MVMCP for the 5th, the taping is scheduled for the 6th so hopefully it will be ok... I haven't been to a party since I did Not So Scary with an ex-fiancé in 2003 so I am super excited!

Melissap.jpg

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-17-2013 - 9:02am

I have to say I have missed going to the MVMCP.

I loved the dance parties.   I have a video of my daughters (who were 4 at the time) dancing with Lady Tremaine.  And then during ladies choice, Drizella pulls my husband out on the dance floor - I laugh whenever I see that video. . . my redneck husband doing John Travolata fingers.   :)    Another year my daughters danced with Jesse, Woody and Bullseye.   

It really is a neat time of the year, and a great time to make some lasting memories.

I know it is still months away for you, but I can't wait to read all about it!!

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-16-2013 - 4:24pm

Oh how exciting!! I thought I remembered you saying that you were going in December 2014, but this is much better :)

The only time we've been in December recently was in 2008 - we spent one day at MK right before Christmas and it was PACKED! But we had a great time anyway, and the weather was lovely. Plus the holiday shows are really neat. I don't think the crowds will be too bad when you are going though.

I haven't been to MVMCP since I was in high school, but I remember even then being totally mesemerized by the whole thing. (Not even sure if it was called the same thing then, but it was some sort of special Christmas party.) I especially loved all the fake snow on Main Street.

And Gabi is going to LOVE eating in the Castle, she is at the perfect age for it - so cool you were able to snag the ADR!

Cool Jaime (Me) **** Laughing Brian (DH) **** Smile Lily (DD-10) **** Tongue OutOwen (DS-3)

Pages