Advice on 15 mos old at WDW on 1/25

iVillage Member
Advice on 15 mos old at WDW on 1/25
Sat, 01-16-2010 - 8:03pm

Hello everyone!

We're leaving for a 3-day Disney World trip on the 26th with my 15 month old son and I have a few questions for you experienced ladies. I'm a CA native and HUGE Disneyland fan, but we've only been to WDW once, on our honeymoon 10 years ago (my dream trip, where we stayed at the Dolphin for 4 days and then went on a Disney Cruise....sigh), and I don't know what to expect with such a little one in tow.

(1) Will he be able to go on any rides outside of Fantasyland in the MK? We have parkhopper tickets and we'd like to go to Animal Kingdom, MK, and Epcot, but I'm not sure if he'll be able to go on, say, the safari ride, and I have no idea if there's much for him at Epcot (though we'll be going there anyway for sure!). What do you recommend in terms of activities for a toddler?

(2) We're staying at the All-Star Sports resort and ideally, I'd like to stick to my son's regular naptime schedule of noon-2. Do you think it's reasonable to head back to the room in the middle of the day, or should we plan to have him sleep in his stroller (which we're bringing along). I've heard the buses can take as long as 45 minutes to get to the hotel. Maybe it's not worth it?

(3) Since we have the parkhopper option, I was thinking of going to Hollywood Studios one morning or afternoon just to see the Playhouse Disney show because my son is in love with Handy Manny and I think he might really enjoy it, BUT I know it's only a 22 minute show-- do you think it's worth the trouble? Anyone seen this show with a toddler?

(4) My son's a pretty big milk drinker. Do you know if milk is insanely expensive in the parks, or maybe if it's (slightly) cheaper at the hotel gift shops or something? We'd like to plan our food budget ahead of time, and every little bit helps!

That's all I can think of at the moment. Thanks so much, ladies! I really appreciate your feedback!

Photobucket

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-16-2010 - 10:47pm

We've taken DD at 6 mo and 18 months and she loved it both times.

Melissap.jpg

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-17-2010 - 9:43am

1) There are tons of rides that your son will be able to ride.