Airfare Booked for Easter 2013! :)

Community Leader
Airfare Booked for Easter 2013! :)
Tue, 07-24-2012 - 1:27pm

Alan has been "patiently" checking the airlines for a good rate for next year's Easter trip - it has been so expensive - I mean, Easter week is always expensive but the last few yrs it's been hard to find a good rate. In fact, we usually fly Continental (now United right?) but last year we switched to Jet Blue b/c the rates were so much better. Any way, April flights were finally listed so he booked last night and paid $302 roundtrip per person which is really good!  He had a little trouble using their website so he had to call it in (like back in the stone ages! LOL) and the rep waived the "phone fee" - yes, they must charge a fee for booking over the phone - *shaking my head* .

Anyhoo, we're booked for the Wed before Easter, 3/27 until the Fri after 4/5.  Usually we get a mid-day flight home so we get a little extra Disney time in the morning before we head back to the resort for our airport pick-up.  This year's trip was different since we flew back on Thursday rather than our usual Friday and Alan had booked a very late flight (9:30pm) so we had almost a full day to do whatever we wanted - made up for our lost Friday.  Well, he booked the same flight coming home next year but on the Friday - again, that's like a whole extra day, or at the very least, another Disney meal! LOL Very excited!

Now I have to "patiently" wait til Sept to book the first two nights of our trip - we're currently booked at the BCVs from Fri-Fri; gotta wait for my other home resorts DVC points to kick in at the 7mos mark!  :smileyhappy:

Val, Co-CL Disney Vacations

Community Leader
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 5:14pm
Hooray!! Boy that was crazy! Glad you were able to work it out without going (too) broke! LOL

Community Leader
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 5:04pm
Yeah!! Congrats on getting a great fare and keeping your YC view AND for getting Art of Animation - that places looks fantastic!

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 2:14pm

Okay, so I finally booked flights so we can come home!  

It was driving me nuts - I had booked flights a month or so ago to get to Orlando, not too bad of a price ($500 for the 3 of us), but I couldn't get us home for under $1600!!    Just wild.

But today I could get SW for $725 for the 3 of us. I had to call DH first to see if he would drive us & pick us up, because it is two different airports (flying out of Bush and home to Hobby) - but he agreed. 

So, the girls and I are set - 3/6th - 3/16th, here we come again.  :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-25-2012 - 9:31am

Finally joining the we-have-plane-tickets club, LOL! I had been waiting on Southwest and Froniter to release theirs, but saw that United actually had some really good fares, if we changed our dates just slightly. $240 pp/rt, which is a steal compared to everything else I had been looking at!

Actually had a hard time finding a combination of dates that we could get the good fares on, and still be able to get our same room at YC, the standard and garden view rooms were hard to come by! 

But we were able to slide the room ressie forward by 2 days, so Apr 18-25 at YC, then I booked the night of the 25th at AoA! (since we fly home early on the 26th) DD is so excited - she's been wanting to stay in a Lion King Suite ever since she first heard about it.

This will have us coming home on a Friday instead of a Sunday, which seems like a little bit of a bummer, but at least we'll have the whole weekend then to regroup and unpack. And of course DH will have to take 2 more days off work since we're leaving on a Thursday instead of Saturday, but he didn't seem too worried about that. 

So now I can stop worrying about it, hopefully anyway. And I guess I need to change my ticker :smileyhappy:

Cool Jaime (Me) **** Laughing Brian (DH) **** Smile Lily (DD-11) **** Tongue OutOwen (DS-4)

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 4:00pm

Well, I'm 1/2 way there.  Today I bought our airfare to Orlando.    So I know we are going.  LOL.  But I don't know yet if we are coming home!    It is just amazing I can get us there for under $200 each.   However coming home is between $400 and $600 each.   I may consider doing the $400 each if it doesn't drop sometime soon - but that flight leaves at 6:45 am.  Seemed like a crabby child maker waiting to happen.

Community Leader
Mon, 07-30-2012 - 9:27am
I do love crossing something off my list! And yes, to think $300 per person is a deal!! But it's true, the last few years it's been tough finding airfare that wasn't $500-600 per person so this is a real deal :smileyhappy:

Now I have to work on tix. Normally we can get APs bc Easter trips would sometimes time perfectly so that we could get two long trips on one set of APs. Didn't work out for next years so looking at Park hoppers

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-28-2012 - 10:03pm

How exciting!

I wish we could book our airfare now. We are waiting not-so-patiently for Frontier and Southwest to put out their April fares but they don't seem to be in any hurry. (They both hub in Denver so we should be able to get a direct flight). The only option so far (of airlines that have their fares out) that is under $600/person is American, which we've had some bad experiences with, so we are holding out hope that either Frontier or Southwest will come through. Plus I like that we could change the tickets without a fee, just in case.

But I agree that airfare in recent years has been insane. I used to cringe if I had to pay more than $300 tr/pp back and forth to Florida, now that is a bargain!

It feels like these Disney vacations are just one big string of "waiting"...wait to book, wait to buy plane tickets, wait for park hours, wait to book ADRs, wait for discounts, and that doesn't even count waiting for the trip to actually get here!

Cool Jaime (Me) **** Laughing Brian (DH) **** Smile Lily (DD-11) **** Tongue OutOwen (DS-4)