Easter 2011 late, will that affect me?

iVillage Member
Easter 2011 late, will that affect me?
Tue, 04-27-2010 - 6:51pm

Hi everyone. I frequented this board over two years ago when we took a week vacation at AS Music Family Suites in August. Had the best time ever. Next April I turn 40 and dh wants us to go back to celebrate. Yay!

Our spring break is always the last week of April (ie, this week right now). I just looked at a 2011 calendar and am a bit shocked to see Easter is very late next year, on April 24th I think. That means Easter weekend will be the first weekend of our spring break. A few questions....

I know some areas of the country have one break and it often is Easter week, will this still be the case, meaning will that be a super busy week?

Is Easter week just always busy because of the holiday itself?

Are we crazy to even ponder this? We are not wanting to go if the parks will be mobbed or hotel prices at a premium. Usually with our break the last week of April, it's a pretty great time to go to Disney.
Suggestions?

Thanks.

Laura

check out my blog

Laura

check out my blog

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-29-2010 - 8:35pm

Don't know if this helps any, but our Spring Break '11 starts April 22 and goes through the next week.

Disney 2010
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-30-2010 - 8:09am

My husband and I both celebrated turning 40 with a Disney trip. I definitely recommend it! :)

For the first time ever, our spring break will follow the academic schedule....and we'll be out the last week of March. I know most schools around here and elsewhere though will have breaks that are near Easter...and yes, that is a more crowded time.

http://www.mousesavers.com/wdwfaq.html#busy

I would personally skip it, but that's just because I'm spoiled visiting during off times. We still take our kids out of school for Disney trips, and I have one in elementary, two in middle school, and one in high school. Not a problem, thank goodness....but we only took them out for 3 days last year.

If this is the one week you can go, you will be fine if you are prepared....but you might not get the good airline and hotel deals.

LAURIE IN OH, Mom to:

Alex, 15 years old

Julianne and Leah,

LAURIE IN OH, Mom to:

Alex, 1

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-02-2010 - 5:08pm
Thanks for the comments and confirmation that this is going to be a busy week. Dh and I still haven't fully decided yet. One option we have is to spend the first Easter weekend with my parents in Florida and not arrive to WDW until Tuesday, then stay until Sunday. My thought is it won't be intense holiday time, but will still be busy because of spring breaks. What a bummer. Any other year and this would be the perfect time to go. Will have to start lurking and getting back into planning.
Here's hoping I have something to plan.
: )

Laura

check out my blog

Laura

check out my blog

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-04-2010 - 12:40am

Hi Laura!

Val, Co-CL Disney Vacations

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-05-2010 - 9:51am

Thanks Val. I knew you would have all the good info!

We will be staying on property, so utilizing early openings is an option. We were considering spending Easter weekend down in Naples for a few days to avoid the major crowds, but from the sound of your post, it is major crowds all week. The info on increased holiday prices for food is also a bummer. I'll have to let dh read your response and we have a lot of talking to do. The nice thing is we usually go down to Florida every year to visit my parents, but WDW would be an extra treat. We could really do it another time but I so wanted to do it for my 40th next year during our spring break.

Thanks again!

Laura

check out my blog

Laura

check out my blog

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-20-2010 - 5:56pm
We were just there April 29-May 7 and after talking to cast members, we came at the right time. A week earlier they said it was insanely busy and the lines were huge. Apparently spring breaks run late in other parts of the country. Ours was mid-March so we opted to just miss school. Perhaps, if you're really nervous about it, you should go halfway during that week (Tuesday and Wednesdays at the park were so quiet and easy) and miss a couple of days of school the next week?