Planning for Dec 2010

iVillage Member
Planning for Dec 2010
Sat, 04-10-2010 - 12:32pm

I'm planning a Disney trip for my fam in Dec 2010.

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-10-2010 - 4:15pm

Hi there!!!

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time in December! I haven't been that time of the year nor have I stayed at POP so I can't offer any insight there... But, we did travel this year when DD was 18 months and it was fine. She really LOVED seeing everything, watching the sights and riding everything that didn't have a height requirement. She wasn't old enough yet to be scared of anything dark, scary or loud ... but she isn't a skiddish kid anyway. I will say that we did have break downs though. Ours could always be solved with a sippy of milk though (generally the solution to any problem for my DD) and as soon as I found milk to give her we were fine. Try to schedule down time like the pool and really take advantage of the playgrounds the parks offer (Pooh's Thoughtful Spot in MK, The Boneyard in AK, Honey I Shrunk the Kids in HS and there are great splash fountains and a big ship in Norway for kids to explore.) These were great for letting DD play and get out of the stroller to have some freedom.

The baby care stations are great for changing diapers, filling and washing sippies (they giant coolers of spring water to use if you need formula.) We didn't use them if we weren't in the area but did if we were around.

I would rent a car if it's in your budget, but I'm probably the only one who will say that. My DD had trouble with the buses from ASMo and I think the ride from POP is about the same length. I think a lot of our meltdowns would have been skipped if we could have had that in car down time that we were missing. Next time we will be renting a car.

Happy planning and try to book your ADR's as soon as possible so

Photobucket

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Melissap.jpg

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-10-2010 - 9:55pm

We have been in December and stayed at Pop 2 times. I love Pop for all the bright colors, three pools and great food court, its a really great choice. The bus ride itself is less than 10 mins to all the parks, but the wait for the bus can be 15 mins or more on a bad day, not unbearable but maybe a bit more with a little one.

We usually travel to Disney in May and it is hot and crowded. Last year we went in December too and LOVED it! The cooler weather makes a HUGE difference in everyones temperment, we had no meltdowns and all in all had a much pleasanter time. We loved it so much we are going again this year. When it comes to clothing pack for both summer and winter and plan to layer, it was very cool in the mornings/evenings but warmed up nicely every afternoon, plus pools are heated so we were able to swim everyday too! Make sure you take the time to check out the Christmas decorations in the resorts and parks, especially the Osbourne lights at DHS! Amazing!

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-12-2010 - 9:02pm
I haven't been in Dec. (I'm following Tawyna's lead on this one :). I have been to Pop though and I bet your kiddos will love it. There is a nice kiddie splash area at Pop too that my 7 yr old LOVED. My "baby" (he's 8 now) was 18 months when we first went to Disney as a family. He loved it and it was a wonderful trip. We stayed at All Star Sports and took a stroller on the bus every day. No problems. We kinda love Disney transporation (shhhhh...people think we're weird LOL). We don't usually have any problems and we love to leave our car behind and let Disney do the driving. We did the dining plan on our second family trip and my Dh was hooked! He won't even consider going without it now. LOL Sounds like you are gonna have a great time. Have fun planning!!

photo Kim-1.jpg