Is anyone 100% ready?

iVillage Member
Is anyone 100% ready?
Wed, 03-27-2013 - 3:05pm

It was so much easier with your older children, when we felt like getting pg we would try.  I seem to be obsessing more over this time, still not completely 100% sure we want to have another baby.  Our lives are pretty good now, the kids are in school and we have a bit more freedom.  The thought of not having one, though, just makes me really sad.   Is it normal to have doubts about having a 3rd?

photo abbysummer_zps85da8a35.jpg

Community Leader
Tue, 04-02-2013 - 12:22am

I think it's normal to have doubts at any time.  Any baby, whether it's your first or your tenth, is a big life change.  Second thoughts are part of the process.

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-05-2013 - 11:30am
Very true. I just wish I wasn't having so many second thoughts this time around. I guess once the baby is here, though, I probably will wonder why I was even worried! How was it for you adjusting to the third?

photo abbysummer_zps85da8a35.jpg

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-07-2013 - 10:09pm

I am the SAME exact way about having our 3rd, i know i will be heartbroken if I dont, but part of it scares me. alot of it is all the negative feedback we get from everyone else as well. because it seems everyone always has something to say about the most intimate of life decisions.

photo siggy2.jpg

baby
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Community Leader
Mon, 04-08-2013 - 12:42am

I'll be perfectly honest -- I still haven't adjusted.  I had very severe PPD after both my second and third, and ended up in the hospital when DS3 was four months old.  I've been back four times since then.  So, I'm probably not the best person to ask!  I do love having three, though, and don't regret it a bit even though he was a whoops.  He is the most incredible third son ever. :)

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-07-2013 - 3:58pm

I'm not sure if anyone is ever truly ready, but you adjust once the baby comes. One thing I think most people aren't prepared for is the hospital bill after the fact. We all know going into it that babies aren't cheap, however, many people are blinded by the sheer joy that the baby brings that they forget to prepare themselves for the financial hit they're about to take. So, just to help prepare some of you, this article may help somewhat in easing the blow! :)

http://navixmarketplace.com/learn/cost-of-pregnancy-and-the-various-options-available-2/