Find a Conversation
|Thu, 12-31-2009 - 4:29pm|
Just wanted to say hi. I figure if I'm going to lurk I might as well say hi! :) My DH and I have 2 beautiful babies and want to have 2 more. We are currently waiting to try for two reasons...one simple and one, well, not-so-simple.
The simple reason is that we prefer to time births for the summer months if we can since DH is a teacher and that allows him to be home with me after the birth and in a best-case scenario for him to still be home after I have to go back to work. (This plan worked with our first but cut it close with our second.)
The not-so-simple reason is that we have offered to be a gestational surrogate for DH's cousin who has tried for 10 years to get pregnant. She's been on a wait list to adopt for almost 2 years and is still sitting with empty arms. After talking it over we sat her and her husband down on 12/26 and made our offer. Needless to say they were overwhelmed and thrilled. Her first appt is January 7. In talking to the dr she found that she might be able to have her own child with IVF, but if not we will move forward with AI for me to carry their baby. After that whole process is complete then we'll move forward having our own.