OMG PLEASE help me decide!
Find a Conversation
|Wed, 06-10-2009 - 11:13pm|
Just a warning...this could get long!! Sorry, but it's really eating away at me! Here goes...
Hello ladies. I've been lurking here for a while, but I need some objective input here because hubby is of no use at all. I'm Kristy 29, and hubby is C (for privacy reasons) and he's 32. We have been together for approx 15 years, and we have one son who will be 2 in exactly one week :)
Anyhoo...we wanted to start trying for a second when Colby was around 2. We don't want the age gap to be huge between the kids. Also, we are planning to get married next summer (probably August) and I do NOT want to be preggers for the wedding.
So here is my dilemma: I've never been anywhere outside of Canada, and at the end of October, we're going to Vegas for a few days with a bunch of friends and family. Originally I wanted to wait til we got back from Vegas so I could really enjoy the experience... drinking, eating, and doing whatever I wanted. BUT once we decided we were going to get married, we decided we really want to do it next year. Soooooo, If I were to wait until after Vegas to TTC (actually I would ovulate during the trip), that would make me like 8 or 9 months preggers for our August '10 wedding. Out of the question for me. Another option is to wait until Vegas, and get married in 2011...which neither SO nor I really want to do...we both agreed we want to get married next year. The other option is to just go for it next month like we originally planned. I've already gone off the pill as of 6 days ago, but we were going to prevent this month. That option would make me a couple months preggers in Vegas, and would give us an April or May '10 baby, which would leave me about 3 or 4 months to get back in shape for the wedding.
Sorry to be so long winded, and thank you if you're still reading. My question to you ladies is if you had those options presented to you, which one would you take. I say hubby's of no use at all because he says "whatever you feel is best...it's your body, and I'll support you in whatever you want to do." Would you rather a.) Be preggers DURING a big trip to Vegas, allowing for a 2010 wedding or b.) Get preggers AFTER Vegas, but postponing the wedding until 2011???
Thanks so much for any feedback you can give me. I just need to weigh all the pros and cons from every angle!!