we set a date! Oct 2009

iVillage Member
we set a date! Oct 2009
Wed, 12-17-2008 - 11:50pm

Hi all,
I introduced myself in the sept-dec 2009 ttc. I have a daughter who is 20 months. I have been sooo excited to have another. this month i have been dreaming about being pregnant next christmas.
I got big news last night! In the summer I made an agreement with another doctor to cover her 1 year mat leave and then when she returns i can go on mine. she was thinking of ttc, so prob have a baby in a year. i haven't heard anything from her since. i have been resisting the urge to call her up and go 'so any baby news yet?' as i figure she'd tell me when she was ready, and what if they are having trouble?
so a last week i just got so desperate and was thinking i was going to have to wait forever! then she called last night and said that she is 12 weeks pregnant, yahoo!!
so by my calculations i figure we will start TTC next october 2009!!!
i also wanted to wait until my daughter weans and then do some cleansing and nourishing to prepare myself for another pregnancy. She is now nursing 3 times a day so i think she's on track to weaning in the spring.
hello to all of you and congrats on preparing for a pregnancy. my first was a surprise!

for those of you looking for info, i highly recommend the book 'taking charge of your fertility'
:) Jese
Mom to Elaina, April 15, 2007
Naturopathic Doctor

:) Jese Mom to Elaina April 15, 2007 & Macy June 22, 2010

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-18-2008 - 2:51pm

Welcome to the board, Jesse!

-Suzie :)

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-18-2008 - 7:57pm

Hi and welcome Jese!

I'm Christine (29) and my DH is 32. We'll be TTC our first next summer (May at the earliest). We are both in grad school at the moment and are waiting until we're closer to graduation before we start trying.

Is your daughter's birth story on here? I love reading them!

I actually just started reading TCOYF yesterday and I'm really excited to learn. I've heard nothing but good things about it.

Looking forward to getting to know you!

coexist Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-19-2008 - 12:33am

I had my birth story posted on my EC/playgroup. i copied it below. Elaina's birth was so joyous. I remember crying in the middle, then laughing both from joy and excitement that she was almost here! i think that was transition.
anyways, i hope to have another homebirth. i just got word that there are two midwives moving to town in the spring. hooray!

and i am addicted to reading birth stories. so enjoy this one!

hello everyone,
i didn't post my birth story in april, but i would love to share it.
I was due april 14th.
i started noticing the plug on april 14th and thought it was fluid, midwife checked and told me i would really know when that happened. it was so exciting to have something happen, and know that the baby would be arriving within days. my mom arrived into town and we went for a nice walk/waddle to get things going.
1am on the 15th, i woke to a release of fluid. lots! so i knew this was it. i went back to bed, contractions started 1:30am about 4 mins apart and stayed that way though most of the labor. my husband got up with me at 3am, called the midwife and filled up the birth pool. i went back to sleep using my hypnobirthing cd. got up early am, called my doula and hypnobirthing coach.
spent the morning with contractions, laughing (and trying not too cause it hurt), and went for a walk down the street. the midwife & team arrived. i went in the shower, but held out for the birthing pool until i really needed it, about 4pm. i spent 4.5 hours in the pool, it felt sooooo good to get in there. i used the hypnobirthing to relax between contractions. we had a ocean sounds cd on, lights low and lots of candles (each one from a girlfriend at my mother's blessing). sounds hippy dippy but it was what we wanted to create and i feel so blessed that we were able to make it happen that way.
i did have an anterior lip on my cervix that the baby was rubbing against, that hurt but i just pushed past it, literally. my dh got in the tub with me and i pushed for an hour, so exhausting! it was amazing to watch her head come slowly out, and when she turned her eyes opened under the water and she popped a hand out. DH received the baby at 8:30pm and announced it's a girl! we bonded in the pool for a bit,me in disbelief that she was here and that it is a girl. then we got out and i went to the bed to deliver the placenta and get checked out by the midwife. i needed one little stitch. all the pain has been fuzzed out in my mind, but i know it was intense.
then my sisters showed up minutes later, turns out she was sent as a spy from my family to peer in the windows and see if we were still there, my family wanted to know if we had to go to the hospital. so funny!
so, about 18hrs of contractions, but about 4.5 of active labor. 8lbs 2.5 oz and healthy.
it was beautiful, i only hope i can repeat it. we are lucky in B.C. as midwifery is covered under our provincial health plan (yes free health care from the government!) and my midwife helped me soooo much. esp with breastfeeding.
mom to Elaina, April 15, 2007

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-19-2008 - 12:45pm
Thanks for sharing your story!

-Suzie :)

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-19-2008 - 4:57pm

I'm glad you posted your birth story.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-21-2008 - 8:51am

Thanks for sharing, Jese! I'm still learning about unmed births and just starting to consider a home birth. I'm not sure how comfortable I feel about it but we do live literally 5 min. from one of the best hospitals in the area so if something did go wrong, I'm not far from help. I guess I'm hesitating because DH and I are not really "hippy dippy people" as you called it, but I can see the positives too. Guess I need to do more research!!

I hope you get your second homebirth!!

coexist Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-21-2008 - 10:34pm

Hi Christine,
We had a similar set up, we lived two blocks from the hospital. so that did make me feel more comfortable with the decision. That is great that you are checking into it. See if you can talk to some moms in your area that have had homebirths, unmed births at that hospital, and medbirths at that hospital. For me, the home environment felt right. Then i did more research and found out that homebirths (via midwife) are as safe if not more safe (depends on the study) than hospital births (via MD). there may be options around you to have a midwife at the hospital. that is available here in BC and is an option that many chose. we don't have birthing centers in BC but i've heard that is a good options because they have birthing tubs!  

well when we are all pregnant and facing these decisions again we can be there to share info and resources!

Mom to Elaina, April 15, 2007

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-23-2008 - 11:48pm
so from a holistic perspective, are there any things you could tell me about trying to concieve a boy specifically? thanks! amy...im new here and just found you guys! Congrats on your current good news!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-24-2008 - 12:11am

Thanks, Jese! I think you're one of the only people I've met on this board that went or are thinking of going the unmed route. It's nice to know I'm not alone! I just started telling DH about why I want an unmed birth and even he was shocked at the risks of an epidural. I haven't told him yet about possibly wanting a non-hospital birth. One thing at a time. :-)

I just found out a few weeks ago that my chiropractor (whom I love and get along

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-28-2008 - 4:56am

Hi Jese!

Welcome to the group. I am so happy to hear you get to TTC earlier then you thought! I'm Ashley and I am probably waiting until around Dec 2009 to start TTC. I look forward to seeing more of your posts:)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pages