7 Mistakes Parents Make with Grade Schooler:
Find a Conversation
|Wed, 08-03-2011 - 9:32am|
Parents of children or tweens in elementary school certainly have their jobs cut out for them as they try to encourage healthy living and a positive self-image in their children. Throw in the first signs of puberty and some social and emotional bumps along the way, and it is easy to see that some mistakes are possible, if not inevitable.
Kids don’t come with an instruction manual, so how do you know if you are making a big mistake with your grade-school kids? Here are the top mistakes that parents of grade-schoolers make and how to avoid them.
1. Living in Denial About Extra Pounds
2. Not Watching What You Say (and How You Say It)
3. Not Practicing What You Preach
4. Waiting too long to Have 'The Talk'
5. Skipping Annual Check-ups
6. Missing the Red Flags of Bullying
7. Overscheduling Your Kids
Read more in depth here: http://www.webmd.com/parenting/features/parenting-mistakes-with-grade-school-age-kids