Fall is a welcome sight after that hot, long summer.
1. Do you like pumpkin foods/drinks? I love Pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie, pumkin rolls!
Oh, I love fall and pumpkins!
I just found this recipe for Pumpkin French Toast. Sounds wonderful:
2 large eggs 1/4 cup canned pure pumpkin puree 1/4 cup whipping cream 1/4 cup milk 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar 4 cups Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal, crushed 8 (3/4-inch thick) slices of day-old French bread
1. In a low-lying, flat bowl, whisk together eggs, pumpkin, cream, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar.
2. In another low-lying flat bowl, place crushed cereal.
3. Heat skillet to medium-heat, brush with butter. Quickly dip bread on both sides into the egg mixture, then cover both sides of the bread with the crushed cereal. Place in hot skillet, reduce heat to low and cover with lid. Heat 2-3 minutes on each side, until lightly browned. Repeat with remaining bread.
4. Serve immediately with maple syrup.