Brand new board fixes update- 11/8

iVillage Member
Brand new board fixes update- 11/8
Thu, 11-08-2012 - 11:15pm

CDJessica has just posted a brand new board update that includes the latest fixes:

http://www.ivillage.com/forums/ivillage-women/around-ivillage/ivillage-help/ivillage-help/latest-update-110812

Let me know if you have any questions or comments!

Lisa

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-16-2012 - 1:53pm

Yay I was able to view replies from my Iphone yesterday. Still can't post replies from there but that's progress! Are they ever going to change it so the thread with the most recent response 'bounces' to the top? Or is it strictly going to be the most recent original thread is at the top (and I'm assuming this thread about the updates is kind of a 'sticky' thread that will stay at the top for the time being).

Pam
Community Leader
Fri, 11-16-2012 - 7:01pm

Pam, about the most recent messages bouncing to the top: they say that feature is not part of the current platform but they do intend to build it in eventually after the bigger problems get resolved. So not time frame for when it might happen, but they do know that the members miss that feature.

In the meantime, my "work around" is to click on the "See all threads in this board" at the bottom of each folder. Then I see an page with the last ~50 threads and each of them has a little "speech bubble" in the left column. The speech bubbles with little lines coming out of them have replies that you have not read. I don't know if everybody sees the bubbles on all browsers etc, but if you do see them then this work-around might help you to know when there's something new to read.