Community Leader
****** DYK 2012 Edition ******
Mon, 01-02-2012 - 12:02pm

**For those uncertain to what a DYK thread is......**

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-03-2012 - 9:48am

The carpenter is here working on the doghouse.

Community Leader
Tue, 01-03-2012 - 10:18am
DYK I am sitting at the dunkin donuts waiting for Jordyn. I got my inspection done in a jiffy and called her, she was still getting ready, so it'll probably be another 10 minutes at least before she shoes up. I forgot til last night that I had to go with her to the dentist since she's getting a filling and under 18, I have to be there long enough to make sure she doesn't have a reaction to the numbing stuff. Luckily my hair appt is just down the road and isn't til 10:30 so it shouldn't be a problem.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-03-2012 - 11:23am

DYK

The ice fishing

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-03-2012 - 1:08pm

Ladies, I'm looking for some BTDT advice or speculation.

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-03-2012 - 4:39pm

So Kristen comes home with a note saying that the senior class is asking for more money LOL.

Community Leader
Tue, 01-03-2012 - 8:16pm
Heather, how old are you? Sorry, always an important question. Hormones, exercise, and stress can push ovulation later in your normal cycle, but it normally doesn't push the second half of your cycle longer, called the luteul phase, usually if anything, that portion is shorter due to hormone fluctuations. Most ovulation calculators will put ovulation at around day 13-16, but for some, it can be later like day 20 even if you have a 28-30 day cycle with a shorter LP. You technically can be fertile 3-4 days before ovulation and the rule is 2-3 days after ovulation. DH and I did natural family planning with both Emma and Madison partly because of my horrible PMS and partly because I have had an erratic cycle for years. We were both abstaining and using condoms and I ended up getting pregnant with Madison on the 4th day (supposed to be safe day) after ovulation, while using a condom. Normally an implanted egg will start giving off the HCG hormone around 7 days after implantation, which normally happens around the window of 7-10 days after ovulation, which is why they say that a lot of the new pregnancy tests can detect pregnancy as soon as your first missed day, they are calculating that first missed day as the 14th day after ovulation. Some ladies don't get a positive pregnancy test for a few weeks after implantation, and I have known a few who don't ever get a positive test, even while pregnant for whatever reason.

I would wait another week, if your period hasn't appeared, I would go in and just as your OB for a blood test. She may even want to run some bloodwork for you also depending on the circumstances or even do an in office ultrasound as by that point, you would be able to see an egg sac if you are in fact pregnant. There are other reasons it can be late that she may want to explore depending on your age.

I will say, when I was pregnant, because my PMS is from predominantly progesterone issues, I loved pregnancy, it was great for me (minus the two bouncing babies on my cervix). LOL!

So, for that long winded response, I hope I was somewhat helpful. Feel free to PM me if you have more questions. If you are in fact going into perimenopause, charting your temps may help you wi what may end up being more erratic periods also.
Photobucket
Community Leader
Tue, 01-03-2012 - 8:17pm
Really?? I don't remember if ours was included or not it was so long ago. You'd think it would be! Though actually now that I think about it, I think we ordered our tassel, and an extra one if you wanted one for your car mirror with our senior announcements and that senior book thingy you all had fun filling out.
Photobucket
Community Leader
Tue, 01-03-2012 - 8:18pm
Jordyn got her hair done, it's looks awesome! Even with the groupon, both our appt. ended up costing me an arm and a leg, but I am very pleased with the results. I think I may stick with this guy for a while.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-03-2012 - 8:23pm
It is great when you find a hairdresser you like. We have lived here for almost five years, an di just found someone I like about a year ago!
Community Leader
Tue, 01-03-2012 - 8:39pm
I agree! I've been here 6 years, and whilei found a lady I do like to cut my hair, it's uber expensive and it's hard to get in with her, I feel bad jumping around, and a little cheap, but goodness, why does it have to cost me $60 for a hair cut??
Photobucket

Pages