Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-03-2012 - 8:43pm

Thank you for all of the information.

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-03-2012 - 8:44pm

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-03-2012 - 8:46pm
Glad you are both happy with your hair. It is always a bit nervewracking to try someone new. I drive 1.5 hours to my hair guru because I am too lazy (after 18 years) to find someone else and I know I'll like whatever he does.

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-03-2012 - 8:59pm

Mine came with everything.

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-03-2012 - 9:04pm

It's so hard to find someone who does hair the way you want it.

I was lucky- the first church we went to I became friends with a lady who opened her own shop in her house.

Community Leader
Tue, 01-03-2012 - 9:47pm
My regular hairdresser I had for years was a year older than me in high school, we ran track together, her younger brother was best friends with a guy I dated off and on all through my 20's. I love her to death, and for the first few years after we moved, I only got my hair cut and colored when we'd go back to Michigan, but that's not practical any longer. It only cost me $75 for a cut and color or highlight there.
Photobucket
Community Leader
Tue, 01-03-2012 - 9:54pm
What have I done to create this little monster of a child?? She's actually the only one of the three that did not do any co-sleeping. We nursed,but she didn't co-sleep, she slept on the bassinet next to my bed. But now, after doing some naps in our bed, etc., I spend 30-45 minutes every single night fighting with her to get her to stay in her bed, tears, frustration and eventual yelling on my part, she just. Cries and throws temper tantrums wanting to go in pur bed. She'll get up 4 times to "go potty" and how do you tell a 2 1/2 year old who is 95% potty trained that she can't get up to go pot because you know she's doing it just to get out of bed? She was up 3 times to go potty and only the last time did she actually go, and each time is filled with screaming and tears to go sleep in our bed. It is so frustrating!, and I can't put Emma down to sleep until she's finally asleep because if Emma goes to bed first, Madison eventually wakes her up with the screaming. I tried letting her fall asleep in our bed then transferring her to her bed, but then she has me up half way through the night climbing back in our bed again, and sometimes thatnis followed by an hour of fighting or must letting her fall asleep in our bed and then again transferring her. It shouldn't be a big deal, I'm not opposed to co-sleeping, but dang if I can get one full noght's sleep being kicked by her, or squashed between her and DH, or whatever. I just want my bed, and bedroom back, and to get a full night's sleep, is that really so much to ask??
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-03-2012 - 9:56pm

Posting this before I have read other peoples' replies, so please bear with me if I am repeating someone else's advice/information. Heather, this has happened to me in the past, especially when I am under a lot of stress. You have had a lot going on lately, so my guess would be that the change in cycle is stress-related. However, if you are concerned, it may be worth a visit to the doctor just to make sure everything is O.K.

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-03-2012 - 10:03pm
I don't blame you one bit, Tracy. Sharing the bed with DH and a kid at the same time can make for a miserable night's sleep.
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-03-2012 - 10:08pm

The Beagle BIT 2 of the guys working here this morning. She just hasn't been the same dog since that juvenile delinquent shot her with a pellet gun 3 years ago. The first guy she bit because she didn't recognize him. The other guy is someone that she knows, but he was carrying a bundle of shingles into the garage and I guess between all the odd noises and different people and vehicles, it freaked her out. Thank God they were all wearing heavy coveralls and work boots. I didn't even know about it until after the fact.

Pages