Community Leader
Monday Chit Chat Thread, 10/24
Mon, 10-24-2011 - 9:06am

Good morning ladies, its Monday.

Photobucket

Pages

Community Leader
Mon, 10-24-2011 - 9:18am
Good morning ladies. Pretty standard morning/day here. Not doing a whole lot, possibly an errand at lunch. I have a bunch of stuff to do at home tonight. There is a cheer booster club meeting, it was cancelled last week, but they didn't say when it would be this week, and an email went out yesterday that it would be tonight. So I doubt I'll be attending, Jordyn has to work til 7:30, unless DH makes it home early for me to go. I may try and get to the YMCA tonight to work out when she gets home. DH and I did a 3 1/2 mile walk/jog this weekend and I would like to continue into this week with the exercise.

Have a great day!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-24-2011 - 10:09am

Well, I was going to clean up my kitchen and den but I need to pull myself together and take Natalie to the Dr, again.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-24-2011 - 10:37am

Quiet day here today.

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-24-2011 - 10:38am
Is her arm still hurting? I hope you get some answers.

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-24-2011 - 12:02pm
Well I caught the cold from hell over the weekend, so all I've been doing is coughing, hacking, sneezing and coughing some more. UGH!!

Nichole is home sick today (she's never sick so this is unusual for her) and she is still sleeping. Nathan and Sam have some school work to do (homeschooling for Sam and some unschooling stuff for Nathan).

Need to get a few things up on Ebay today. my soon to be ex is driving me nuts (long story again..) and I was supposed to go to the courthouse today (I don't think so...)

I want to feel better!!!!!!
Community Leader
Mon, 10-24-2011 - 12:44pm
Hugs Kelly, I hope you and Nicole are feeling better soon! Has she gotten all her college apps in already, or is she still working on them?
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-24-2011 - 1:21pm
No, Nichole hasn't put any in right now. I'm not sure why and it could possibly have something to do with the fact that she wants to take a gap-semester...I dunno. Has Jordyn applied to any colleges yet???
Community Leader
Mon, 10-24-2011 - 1:58pm
Oh gawd no! LOL! She's only a junior. I'm just hoping she does well on her PSAT for National Merit Scholarships and need to get her prepping of the ACT for scholarships. She's decided on a college already, and we have a plan in place for her to move in and live just off campus with my middle brother, so we can cut down on room/board, meals, and such. So hopefully all it'll cost us is tuition for at least the first 2 years. She's working on her coaching certificate so that she can be certified to work at gymnastic and cheer gyms when she moves up there with him. We'll see how it all works out. Honestly, if senior year doesn't get much better than junior year for Jordyn, she may need a gap semester or two just to decompress. Is Nichole wanting to go away or go local to college?
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-24-2011 - 2:12pm

Jordyn still stressing out?

Community Leader
Mon, 10-24-2011 - 2:47pm
still? she never stopped. Oh, I didn't post that this weekend. She came home from work Friday night in tears because of cheer (h/s) and then sat and cried on my lap for 15 minutes trying to tell me everything that had went wrong in school Thursday and Friday (she got home after I went to bed Thursday night) and cried most of the way through her shower at midnight Friday night. That should have been my clue that this weekend was not going to go well... I am THIS close to handling it myself, including arranging a meeting with her english teacher, but I am giving her this week to get things straightened out as it sounded like her independant study teacher stepped in on Friday to assist her in getting some questions answers about some grading issues she was having. If not though, I think it may be time for me to step in, this cannot continue for 7 more months. That, and she's having back issues again, and I think its mainly because they don't do stregnth training at all with cheer and being a base, lifting and everything all the time, her core and back muscles aren't as strong as they used to be, I think that's the issue and that's why she keeps getting back pain and throwing things out of alignment. She's going back into the chiropractor again in the morning. DH has an appt. also and I am going to have him talk to the doctor about that she may need to be doing (short of not doing cheer) to stregnthen those muscles more so she's not having so many problems, she's just in constant pain it seems like again.
Photobucket

Pages