Community Leader
Monday Chit Chat Thread, 8/29
Mon, 08-29-2011 - 9:11am

Good morning ladies, its Monday.

Photobucket

Pages

Community Leader
Mon, 08-29-2011 - 9:17am
Dead truck battery this morning. :0( So I was late to work. Jordyn has school, her AP English test on the Scarlett Letter today (which she was up late last night finishing) and then she has to work and I think practice tonight, I can't keep her schedule straight any longer! DH is coming at lunch to replace the battery in my truck, and hopefully do something with the fireplace today, or at least obtain a fireplace insert for hte open wall, and I am really hoping to get to the Y tonight to work out, and watch the DVR'ed Lions/Patriots game from Saturday night, or at least part of it.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-29-2011 - 9:43am

DS has evening practice today, so we're all sleeping in this morning.

Community Leader
Mon, 08-29-2011 - 9:59am
LOL, good luck Wendy! I remember summers and summers of canning tomato juice for ghoulash, chili, tomato sauce, etc. as a kid. My parents always had a garden growing up and we always had an abundance of tomatos in it!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-29-2011 - 10:54am

It was going to be a normal clean up after a weekend and laundry day but not anymore.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-29-2011 - 11:11am

I'm currently on school recess:)

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-29-2011 - 12:16pm

No more grilling here until we get a new grill :( It fell over during Irene.

Community Leader
Mon, 08-29-2011 - 12:34pm
The worst time to move to Texas, in terms of ehat anyways. But, in good news, the forecast says in the next week its supposed to get down to the mid-90's! ;0) I hope she finds something she likes and is happy!
Photobucket
Community Leader
Mon, 08-29-2011 - 12:35pm
Oh, and if you like the rug and want to keep it, you can have it cut down and re-matted on the size, depending on the design of the rug of course. You'd have to call an upholstery place.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-29-2011 - 1:12pm

Hm- I don't know.

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-29-2011 - 1:47pm
Hi everyone! I hope all those on the east coast are doing okay this morning. Thinking about you all!

Well the morning I had planned turned out differently. Both kids were supposed to get themselves to school but Evan needed to get to school early to get his id picture taken and dh didn't wake Megan up on time (I was taking Evan to school so I could't) so she didn't have enough time to ride her bike. I had to give her a ride. All of that meant that I didn't have a chance to get myself ready until 2 hours later than I had planned. So much for menu planning, phone calls, etc. Went to work and now I've got the afternoon to do what should have been done this morning.

Not sure what's for dinner tonight. Need to see what we've got in the freezer and plan the week. I'm determined to cut our grocery bill and make fewer last minute trips and take out runs. Our current mode of eating isn't healthy for our bodies or bank account...

Oh, I've got a funny for you guys... Last night Evan was working on homework and dh was keeping him company and reading quietly in his room. Evan asked me to sign something so I was on his bed reading it and Megan came in to show me a picture on her computer screen. Soon the three of us were laughing and joking, Evan got fed up with the noise and said,"OMG, it's not party in Evan's room people! I'm trying to do my homework!". We all laughed and left to do something quiet. I'm glad he's taking homework seriously now.

Have a great day everyone!

Pages