Thursday Chit Chat Thread, 7/26

Community Leader
Thursday Chit Chat Thread, 7/26
Thu, 07-26-2012 - 8:52am

Good morning ladies, how are you today?  Is it really only Thursday??

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-26-2012 - 9:16am

DH had to leave at 5 this morning for work.  He woke me up to say bye,and Ifigured I would just stay up.  I cleaned the kitchen and family room, filled the bird feeder, watered the plants, and am load 3 of laundry.  School stuff is prepped for the day. 

It's gray, drizzly, and humid outside.  Blech!  Add in that we have been on the go all week, and I am ready for a stay at home day.  I've got some cards to address, a ton of laundry to work on, the final email to send out about the game club I am starting for a small group of tween boys, and th fridge needs to be cleaned out.  I also need to start plugging in activities into my planner since the fall schedule is taking shape.  I am NOT going to pack or do any work about the move! 

Zeph has a few hours of school work to accomplish and then he has plans to conquer the next few levels of Plants vs Zombies. He and a friend have been working on historically accurate set ups of WWII battles with plastic soldiers, but only at the friend's house, since Zeph has no WWII guys.  He'll be pleased when his Amazon shipment of soldiers and planes comes today .  He's been such a good sport about moving things and having most of his stuff at the ILs and the nonstop errands of the past two weeks.  I thought he deserved a littel surprise and since I hardly ever buy gifts other than holidays, all the more surprised!

Community Leader
Thu, 07-26-2012 - 9:22am

I am dragging this morning, the kids were uncooperative, sigh.  I have meetings at 9:30, 10:30 and 2 along with a personal telephone conference at 1.  I am going to figure out how to fit some lunch in there since I went to grab mine this morning and apparently DH had eaten it last night when he got home not realizing I had intended it for me.  I have done nothing all week during the evenings, so I really need to get on the ball tonight and get some stuff done, the girls are going to bed at 7:30 tonight, they are still dragging in the mornings from vacation and its making things very frustrating for all of us.  So we need to get back to a routine.  Not sure what is for dinner...

Have a great day!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-26-2012 - 9:37am
Hope mornings get easier Tracy. I remember trying to get two little ones up and going in the morning. It STUNK! I had to explain to Evan's principal once that he was ready on time all the time but Megan was not so it not his fault he was late to school so often. Finally made her go in her pjs once and that was the end of that.
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-26-2012 - 9:38am
Shaving commences at 10 and so I should get going, but I'm just really wired! Forgive me ladies for this today and hope I'm not annoying anyone!

Plan is to get snacks and stuff packed for the afternoon, put together what I need for work tonight and then drive down to the pool at 1:30! Cross our fingers that all goes well today. After yesterdays twitter fiasco, I'm a wee bit worried about the fallout, but just the fact she was willing to put her in her place...I'm thinking she will be fine. This is the girl with the crazy mom. When Kenzie left for a break that turned into leaving the team, in February...the girl decided to make comments about Kenzie (without mentioning who she was talking about, but it was obvious). What was upsetting is the girl was mis-speaking about Kenzie and then at the end said, "good riddance!" Kenzie was recently told to follow this girl and so someone was trying to give her a heads up. We don't know who it was, but she made her peace and we are done with it. Question is will they and what will they do? This coach has been known to talk disparagingly to Kenzie at meets, since she left and so if he even got wind of it...I think it could turn ugly. But she has the right head on and she spoke to her therapist about it (whom said she did the right thing, even though it happened months ago), so I think I'm just letting my anxiety get to the best of me. She basically told the girl it was a coach issue and not to mention the rudest teammates ever and good riddance to you! Since we have left we have heard many a family saying they aren't happy with the coaching, but they don't have a choice...then we have heard through swimmers from other teams that they have had bad experiences with the team and they sympathize with Kenzie. So we move on and get her focused on what she loves and that is swimming!!!

Tonight I work from 7pm to 7am, so this lack of sleep is going to be just awesome!

Have a great day ladies; send calming vibes if you can...I need it!!!

Jenn
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-26-2012 - 9:42am
Oh Tracy, I hope they get back on schedule. I'm worried about how Jax is going to react to the late nights at the pool. Good Luck, I know it takes time!!!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Community Leader
Thu, 07-26-2012 - 9:43am
Thanks Ami! It had gotten better for a while, but DSS being here and then our vacation, things have just gotten out of hand and I completely slacked on vacation with all my diet changes and I am really paying for it right now, I felt calm and refreshed Monday, but I am exhausted and dragging now. And the girls have obviously had WAY too much together time, DH said on the way to school yesterday Emma had Madison in a head lock and Madison was biting Emma! I just need to get us back on a routine and back into my diet changes and things should be good. We have a month til kindergarten starts, hopefully that will help also since the kids will be split up.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-26-2012 - 9:46am
I can't believe it's ALREADY Thursday! The next two weeks are going to be a whirlwind and I was hoping to get more done before it started.

This morning I'm at a swim meet. When we're done I'm headed in to work to cover the desk for the admin while she has lunch. This afterenoon I need to finish some paperwork and get it in the mail as well as take some time to tidy up the house. It wasn't under control when I got back and between jet lag, work, and swimming commitments, I haven't taken the time to regain control (except for laundry).

I had tacos on the menu for dinner but it's date night and dh suggested taking a picnic to a free outdoor Abba tribute at a local park so I'm not sure what we'll do. Don't really have picnic food at home and the idea of cold tacos doesn't thrill me. After getting up at 5 I'm not sure I'll have the energy to go shopping after work.
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-26-2012 - 12:57pm

I'm going to whine.  Sigh. 

Tired of hauling Kristen to this temp job.  It's kind of a pain.  But on the up side- I have managed to get things done while she was working.  Went to a different base gym (on the Air Station base- that gym is SOOO nice, so much cleaner and nicer than the one at the shipyard I go to). Kristen's gotten a couple of days on interstate practice- which is a good thing.

Got a wedding gift bought (for the wedding I don't wanna go to b/c it means 5 days with the inlaws and I really don't want to listen to FIL complain for that many days- and MIL bending over backward to do everything but wipe everyone's butt for 5 days and then she complains how tired she is- sigh). 

And a new school year calendar so I can pencil in when the college student will be coming home.  She leaves in 20 ish days.  I think she's ready.  We are LOL. Praying that the tuition check gets there in time.  It's in a separate account in USAA, under dh's name.  They wouldn't release the money to me (ie transfer it to the checking acct so I could write a check).  So it got put off (and I was a pest about telling him that it needed to be done) and he got around to doing it a week ago, so funds were available yesterday.  Tution is due Aug 1.  That's still a couple of days away and the letter's only going 150 miles. 

Jasper's sick.  Don't know what's wrong with him.  He has eaten and gone to the bathroom today so that's a good sign.  I think there's something going on- but what I don't know.  I should get him in and get a senior panel done on him.  But that's over $200- something we don't have right now.  SIgh.  I'm thinking it could be either diabetes or kidney.  We had a kitty who had kidney failure and his symptoms were kind of similar to what Jasper's doing now.  There's not a whole lot we can do in that instance- but the other kitty managed to hang on a couple of years after he got diagnosed with kidney failure. 

And I'm so over Becca and the attitude.  Today it was "Well- I could have gone to Busch Gardens with the BF but YOU said I had to go to Chamber rehersal."  I said no such thing.  SHE was the one who said that "The music is hard- we're playing at the Music Educator's conference in Richmond in Novemeber and we have to sound REALLY good- so I can't miss many rehersals.". SIGH.  She's got her period to boot so she's in such a lovely mood. 

Maybe that's why I'm in a mood.  Mine's been acting funky- I was kind of hoping that I'm getting near to the big "M" LOL.  Maybe I am. 

Kristen's got an eye appt she wants me to go with.  Why?  I don't think her eyes need to be dialated.  But then again- I don't want her to drive if they do get done- it's a pain. 

Cheryl

Community Leader
Thu, 07-26-2012 - 4:47pm
Hugs Cheryl!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-26-2012 - 5:21pm
Today I went downtown and ran all the errands I didn't do yesterday. I took DD to school to register her laptop and had DS drive to the gym, the. We traded off and he ran home after his workout, while I took DD with me downtown. Laundry is just about done, so I am going to devote a few hours to garage cleaning. Later this afternoon I am going to help a friend can pickles. Dinner tonite is something very unhealthy but very delicious, fried chicken from one of my favorite places. We only have it a few times a year.

Pages