Thursday Chit Chat Thread, 8/16

Community Leader
Thursday Chit Chat Thread, 8/16
Thu, 08-16-2012 - 8:46am

Good morning ladies, its Thursday, how are you today?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-16-2012 - 10:24am
DH drove the girls today and I am home enjoying a peaceful morning with Jackson. I work nights tonight and then off for the weekend. HR called yesterday about a position that they felt would be more what I am looking for and let me know it would be posted last evening. I don't know what to do since my boss already is going to utilize me in the department. I suppose I'll talk to her and see if what I will be doing now will end up going to this support person.

Ks at swim practice and T is at school. Hope to get a nap in this afternoon.

Fish and chips for dinner tonight!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-16-2012 - 10:39am

Morning.  It's been a while.  We are busy getting ready for back to school.  They restart on Monday and I think we are almost ready.  Schedules are picked up.

Today Natalie has another post-op follow up with her Dr.  Her shoulder is healing really well.  She is working on streghthening her muscles up and doing really well.  We already know she won't be allowed PE until he releases her and is satisfied she has all her strength back.  If she falls without her sling on at this point she could re-injure it.

I have to run over to the rec center tonight and pick up t-shirts for my volleyball team.  

Not sure about dinner right now.  Probably chicken.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-16-2012 - 10:42am

Question.  You work nights right?  How do you make that work? 

I've got a job interview this afternoon at a non-profit that works with disabled adults in a group home setting.  Did it before and it was SO rewarding.  However- most of the positions are nights.  Don't really want to do them- but I'm kind of desperate for a job right now and I have a feeling I'd only have to do it for a few months before something a little more reasonable (like 3-11) would open up.

Cheryl

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-16-2012 - 10:47am

And it's off to college tomorrow. 

Oh man at this point Kristen NEEDS to go.  The girls had this huge blow up on Monday (thank heavens it didn't happen at the inlaws- not only would I have been mortified but MIL doesn't help when dicipline is involved- probably because she doesn't see the kids that often).  Kristen lost the door to her room- and she's NEVER had that done before. 

They're getting along better now.  I guess. We have to get her there between 8-12, she's got her first rehersal at 2pm.  So it may just be a drop off and run deal.  I have this feeling we may need to go out there again in another week or so- she's got so much stuff and I don't know if we're going to be able to make it in one trip or not..  Sigh. 

Cheryl

Community Leader
Thu, 08-16-2012 - 11:05am
Hugs and good luck tomorrow Cheryl! I can imagine how it will be. I hope it all goes smoothly!
Photobucket
Community Leader
Thu, 08-16-2012 - 12:24pm

I had a meeting this morning that got moved around and I have been working on a few projects I wanted to finish up.  I am hoping to get a nap in at lunch time.  Jordyn had to take her car for the inspection today and get her cap and gown pictures taken.  Then she is working a shift for another girl at the gym tonight.  DH is out of town on a project and then meeting with his accountant this afternoon.  I'm not sure what's for dinner yet tonight, something with chicken or beef as I have both meats for stir frys.  Tonight I have laundry to do and a bit of paperwork for DH.

Have a great day!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-16-2012 - 5:12pm
Hey Cheryl, good luck with the College move. I have heard a lot of the College students are being particularly difficult these days...

Nights aren't too bad, I like them better than evenings, but days are always ideal. I suggest finding a vice that keeps you awake; ie coffee, tea, or some sort of caffeine. The first day is difficult because if you can't get a nap in, it's grueling, but the days following are fine. Definitely go for what you can get. I was promised days with this job, but for some reason I am still waiting for them. I have a mixture of days, evenings and nights. DH does all nights. The schedule works out perfect for our kids...I have a feeling if I go for a day position I'll regret it, because then my days with Jax will be limited and then my mom will have to do a lot of running for us. But it would be nice to pull in more $$ and we all need a little extra of that. Good Luck and hope it works out for you!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers