Tuesday Chit Chat Thread, 7/12

Community Leader
Tuesday Chit Chat Thread, 7/12
Tue, 07-12-2011 - 8:54am

Good morning ladies, its Tuesday.

Photobucket
Community Leader
Tue, 07-12-2011 - 9:09am
Day 2 of cuts... Staying close to my desk mostly. I have bootcamp at lunch and a few small projects to work on and prep for court tomorrow morning. Nothing tonight. Jordyn has to work this morning at the little cheer clinic til 12:15 and then work at her normal job 4:30-8:30.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-12-2011 - 10:00am

Good morning.

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-12-2011 - 10:08am

Off to swim practice.

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-12-2011 - 10:55am

Kristen took the van to orchestra practice this morning.

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-12-2011 - 11:22am
Tacos here too since it is just Gab and I.

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-12-2011 - 11:32am

Hi...

I notice that you are here to help parents of 10-14 year olds. My daughter is almost 11 and a holy terror! I am at my wits end and don't know what to do anymore. Her back talk, attitude, crabbing at her older brother, and general pain in the ass- ocity is driving me CRAZY!!

Any advice would be great...

Community Leader
Tue, 07-12-2011 - 11:43am
Welcome to the board! We are always all here to help. If you'd like to go ahead and set up a new discussion thread about it, that way everyone in it can tailor their responses to you directly. Give us a bit of background info, whatever you feel comfortable with. Hugs, we've all been through it, or are in the middle of it, so we know how you are feeling!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-12-2011 - 11:51am

Hello all.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-12-2011 - 12:00pm

Last week it was 102 this week 68 the weather has been crazy.

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-12-2011 - 2:49pm
A slightly busy morning, but tonight will be even crazier! Kenzie went to the 6 a.m. practice and worked hard! Her coach is going to video tape her this afternoon and tweak her technique. Kenzie is once again having teammate issues and at least this time they are saying it to her face and Kenzie is fighting back. This girl is telling Kenzie that "no one" likes her and she "doesn't belong" at the team! A real life "mean girls!" I guess I should know that this does exist, but really? I was watching practice this morning and the coaches are paying a lot of attention to Kenzie and so I think I now understand why it is happening. Kenzie asks the right questions and she listens to the coaches. She wants to improve and busts her butt! This girl is loud, obnoxious and acts like the queen of the roost. Many of the kids have come up to Kenzie and told her that S is annoying and doesn't listen.

I just had a conversation with another parent from the previous team and she glowed to me about how humble Kenzie is and that when she asked her daughter how Kenzie was doing at State her daughter replied, "I don't know, she doesn't post or gloat about her swimming on FB! Kenzie never brags!" I've heard this from more than a fair share so the only thing that we can think of is that the girls just get jealous. The thing that started off yesterday's bashing was that one of the "HOT" really fast boys is returning from his training (he's being recruited by several south American countries...he's from Columbia) and Kenzie is friends with him. Well this girl has dated him off/on and so this girl decided to rattle Kenzies cage! She started off telling Kenzie that she liked this boy, moved onto that this boy doesn't like her and only talks to her because he feels sorry for her and then lastly told Kenzie to stay away from him! Kenzie had a come back for every time the girl said something to her.

So I watched practice a little to see what may be setting off this girl and her flock and it really just comes down to jealousy; plain and simple. But, like I said, at least it is being done to her face, so Kenzie is able to defend herself. She's worried she'll get into trouble, so today I think we'll bring it up to the coach when we meet with them. The coach is really good and the only real reason he is paying attention to Kenzie is because she is asking questions, has a back injury that is likely technique related and she's been talking more to them about her goals and showing that she is committed. Not that the other girl isn't, but he's not giving Kenzie any special treatment.

Teagen has dryland tonight and I think we'll have peanut chicken for dinner. Sorry so long...
Lilypie First Birthday tickers