Tuesday Chit Chat Thread, 7/31

Community Leader
Tuesday Chit Chat Thread, 7/31
Tue, 07-31-2012 - 10:15am

Well ladies, its the last day of July!  How are you doing today?

glitter-graphics.com

Photobucket

Pages

Community Leader
Tue, 07-31-2012 - 10:25am
I got a late start this morning. Nothing really planned for the day, no meetings. I do need to make a bunch of phone calls and work on a few projects. Tonight, goal is to get to bed early, darned Olympcs aren't helping... Jordyn is working camps today and her normal shift tonight. We are having bacon and spinach quiche for dinner.

Have a great day!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-31-2012 - 11:18am

Last day for a few days that we can just get up whenever. 

I guess Becca's going to the beach with the high school youth this afternoon.  The girls in her age group she can do without- but there's a bunch of rising freshman that she seems to have a connection with. 

There's a book at the library I need to get.  Kristen wants some storage containers for school- and I could replace a couple of shirts. 

We've got doctor appts the rest of the week.  And on Thursday I'm going to an open house for a job.  Not something wonderful- I'd be talking to people who are delinquent on their mortgages, and trying to avoid foreclosure.  Sigh.  But it pays, and since we've got some debt I'd really like to get rid of (with 3 more years of Kristen's tuition looming over us) I need to be there.  There will probably be a ton of people there- but I figure I've got as good of a shot as anyone.

And 18 days until Kristen leaves for college..................

Cheyrl

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-31-2012 - 11:19am

Love the picture Tracy! 

And I loved the ones you put on facebook of your vacation too :smileyhappy:

And the couple of Senior pictures of Jordyn.

Cheryl

Community Leader
Tue, 07-31-2012 - 11:59am
Thanks Cheryl!! I have some more of the beach I'll probably get to putting up shortly, Jordyn likes to edit them first and sometimes it takes forever. I put together a photo book for my mom and grandmother and just finished it so my mom could pick up today when she goes into work.

I am so happy with the senior pictures, and they were free! Well mostly, the photographer is her photography teacher and is using some of the kids' photos for promotional purposes for the business, so we didn't pay for sitting fees or anything, I just have to see what else he has so I can order prints, and he wants to do a few more of her later in the year outdoors. I can't believe this is all coming, she has her headshot for the yearbook and cap and gown photos on Aug. 13th, and cheer pictures on Friday, though we aren't doing a session with that photographer, she is going to have a girlfriend take photos of her in her cheer outfits separately in the park like they did last year, the photographer's packages were so expensive, so we're just getting a group shot for her scrapbook.

BTW, I can't believe Kristen is leaving in 18 days!!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-31-2012 - 12:41pm

So- Kristen just got this phone call.  Several months back, she filled out this scholarship application from a local music study club.  Scholarship wasn't much- $500- but hey- it's $500 we don't have to pay. 

Well- she got it :smileyhappy:.  I can bet that she was probably the only kid applying (or they had money for several scholarships).  Then they put her right on the spot and ask her if she could play for them ( a 15-20 minute piece of music) on Aug 10.  We're supposed to be in Indiana, so of course Kristen being the very sweet girl she is (she doesn't want to cause any kind of family drama- and I KNOW there'd be drama if she didn't show) said no.  Then they said they'd call back with a firm date in a few minutes.  I call dh on the cell- tell him and ask if it would be ok. 

He says yeah- 20 minutes work for $500 isn't a bad deal.  BUT- Kristen already told them no (even though I'm on the other side of the room saying "it's ok- we'll deal")  They were very nice- they said normally they want the student to play but they can push it back if need be.  And I guess she still gets the money- they asked her where to send the check (even though this semester's already paid for LOL)  If I need to put any money into her laundry or meal account- it's paid for LOL.

So then I tried to find a phone number (and there was none)  SIGH.  I'm hoping that maybe they'll call back when we return next week.  She does have a break in October that she could probably come home and play for them then.  Of course she didn't say anything. 

But how can I be mad at her?  They kind of sprung this on her at the last minute.  I had no idea she had gotten the money- that application was sent off months ago.  Before graduation. 

Have fun Tracy.  And tell Jordyn to have fun too.   Senior year goes by really, really fast- you'll be sitting in graduation saying "Where the heck did the year go?"

Cheryl

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-31-2012 - 1:05pm
Congrats to Kristen!!! Hope you figure out her playing for them!

I agree Tracy, awesome photos! You have such beautiful children!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Community Leader
Tue, 07-31-2012 - 1:09pm
Congrats again to Kristen, that is wonderful!! I hope they can figure out a time that works out for them and her schedule!!

I keep telling her that, we (I threatenly) parred down her schedule this year for classes so she'd have some breathing room and be able to enjoy this last year. After last year, the stress, the anxiety attacks, everything, I refused to go through it again this coming year, and I keep telling her, its your last year, have a great time!! Of course she seems to be filling it up with work, they asked her to coach the level 2 team at the gym, and I think possibly the level 3 team so that she can fill in if there is an injury or anything last minute at competitions, she is competing her level 5 team, also doing her cheer dynamics class taht she teaches and apparently a few parents were asking about her teaching a tumbling class! So she'll be working more this year than she did last year, but she does love it, I don't know what they are going to do without her when she goes to college! But yes, I am afraid the year will go by so quickly, for all of us!! (trying to block it out, trying to block it out... LOL!)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-31-2012 - 1:14pm

Congrats to Kristen!!!!!  The timing will all work out in the end.  Way to go!!!!!

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-31-2012 - 1:18pm
Busy couple days. Yesterday, Jax had a class, "Fun in the Sun!" and it was fun, despite him running all over. Then I came home until I had to work. Kenzie had a practice in the evening and then went to a private showing of the Olympics on the big screen with her team! Teagen had a scrimmage with her team and I guess the skating was not up to par. THe coach theatened the girls with burpee's if they didn't get it together. DH had a rough nite; first the grill wouldn't light on both sides, then the propane went out. Last he took off the tape on Teagen's goalie stick and couldn't find the tape retape it...why can't men handle difficult situations, we all have had way worse.

Today, we had the "Water water everywhere," class and he was more apt to play in the sink with the faucet on and was more interested in drinking the soapy water...gah!!! Kenzie had practice in the morning and is now chomping to get to her friends house. They live on a lake, so I have a feeling she will be outside having fun!!! Tonight; Teagen has practice and Kenzie, my mom and I will be going to the swim shop to get another fast suit. Hers is ripping in the butt and she's scared it will bust this weekend. This one was one we purchased in early June and only wore it for two meets. They should last longer, like 40-50 swims, so not even close!!! May have to raise a concern with the swim shop tonight.

Tonight is turkey Sausage Spagetti. Have a good one!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-31-2012 - 1:23pm
Not much going on here. I worked this morning and now I'm at the desk. It's pretty quiet. Megan is at riding camp and Evan is at home hopefully working on the list I gave him. He and I are running a few errands this afternoon and that's about it. I have a few phone calls to make and emails to send as well.

Tonight it's Olympics and lemon linguine. That was supposed to be on the menu last night night but everyone bailed on me (see other post) so I got myself takeout Chinese. Hah!

Pages