Tuesday Chit Chat Thread, 8/14

Community Leader
Tuesday Chit Chat Thread, 8/14
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 8:45am

Good morning ladies, its Tuesday, how are you today?

Photobucket
Community Leader
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 9:10am

Good morning!  Should be a busy day, I am waiting for the doctor's office to open so I can call them.  I had it written down in my calendar that Jordyn had an 11:45 podiatrist appt. but the message on the machine at home yesterday said 1:45.  That makes a big difference in how my day is planned out on whether I take a long lunch and meet her for the earlier appt., or if I leave work for the day for the later one.  Jordyn has senior pictures & cap and gown pictures at the school today as well as schedule and book pick up.  Then she works and has practice this evening.  Depending on how the day plays out, I have paperwork and laundry tonight to work on.

Have a great day! 

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 10:00am

Good morning!  I feel like I'm in a holding pattern.  Less than 2 weeks until the move, and I've done pretty much all I can do until the ILs are out and the carpets are cleaned.  At home, I'm making a dent in the laundry piles and we've been working on school.  DH is inTX for a half day meeting and a company wide bowling/lazer tag/climbing wall event.  While I'm not thrilled this is why he's gone, I'm taking it as  good sign of the company's prosperity.

We plan to watch more of Roots, walk the dog, and play some catch. Low key day. 

Community Leader
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 10:06am
Okay, doctor's appt. is at 1:45, though I still think I made it for 11:45. I am going to leave work at 1 to meet Jordyn there, then go drop off some clothes at the kids' resale shop before picking up the kids from daycare. The chiropractor couldn't get me in this afternoon, so I may go home for a nap and to ice my shoulder/neck in between there somewhere.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 4:10pm
Today has been decent. Woke up at 6:30 to get T ready for school (she is doing well with waking early). After the bus stop, I ran down to the HS to meet with her coach and one of K's friends. She's a hockey player and decided to help manage the swim team, K will help manage the hockey when that season begins. While I was practicing, I went out for coffee with her friend and mom. It was nice, I really like this family, they are great people. I went to the pool and a nice conversation with another parent. She has a dd with downs and she swims with the team; she is so fun and has a good time.

After that I dropped K at her friends and went and ordered our washer. I lost the key to my parents house and so now I have to go over to do some laundry. New washer arrives Monday

Tonight, T will play with the U14's and the head girls coach from the UofM will be there too, it should be fun. K's friend is on this team and is so excited about this coach being there. She hopes to play for the gophers someday.

Not sure what I am going to decide for dinner. Thinking shrimp linguine.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 4:40pm
Hi everyone. Taking a break between all the running between states. Sitting on the Milwaukee lakefront enjoying the breeze waiting for Evan to finish sailing camp for the day. My dad is out on a boat with Megan and everyone should be finished in about 30 minutes. Thanks Mom & Dad for footing the bill for yet another camp!! After they're finished, I'm king the kids home for the evening so wwe can meet with Evan's high school advisor tonight. Tomorrow I bring them both back. Megan is going to a birthday sleepover and Evan has two more days of camp. I'll spend tomorrow night at my parents' house and pick up Megan on my way home on Thursday. Might bring Evan home with me then but we'll see. Dinner tonight is something from the drive thru on the way home. Dh gets to fend for himself. Have a great afternoon & evening!