Wednesday Chit Chat Thread, 11/30

Community Leader
Wednesday Chit Chat Thread, 11/30
Wed, 11-30-2011 - 8:58am

Well ladies, not only is it Wednesday, but its the last day of November.

Photobucket

Pages

Community Leader
Wed, 11-30-2011 - 9:02am
I actually have a pretty busy day today, along with the larger projects I am working on. I have lunch with my old boss at 11:30, a webinar about technology in education at 1:00 and then my weekly 2:00 meeting. Nothing planned for tonight, we'll see how the house looks when I arrive home. yesterday I got home and everything from atop my cabinets was all over the counters. Apparently DH had the painter in and he did the kitchen and hall ceilings. DH said he was planning on having him prime the kitchen walls today, so we'll see. If not, the hallway paint is ready to go, I would be perfectly happy with him doing the hallway today.

Jordyn drove my truck to school today. Her rollercoaster project was due. Then she works tonight from 4:30-7:30 and is going to see Breaking Dawn for a second time with a friend who hasn't seen it yet.

Have a great day!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-30-2011 - 9:19am

It's morning already, ugh. I had trouble geting to sleep last night so I am so sleepy this morning. Got the girls onto the bus and as soon as Matthew was ready he and I had to leave early to go do an ATM for some money for lunch. He has a field trip today and they stop at a fastfood place for lunch. He didn't bother to remind me this unti late last night. Got to school early so he and I sat in the parking lot for about 15 minutes and then finally I dropped him off. Got home and discovered a refund check I got in the mail last night was missing off my desk. So, I beleive Tim took it.(He didn't take it.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-30-2011 - 9:33am
I would think nothing of taking an endorsed check I found on the counter or desk and depositing it. Either would DH. If I had been driving by the bank I would see that as being helpful. Could it be that Tim was saving you a trip out?

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-30-2011 - 9:45am
Money is a hot button issue around here so I would be upset too-more because we need to make sure we're talking about what we do with our money than anything else.

He may have been trying to do you a favor or had a good reason for taking the check so ask him before you get too upset. I only say this because I'm very guilty of this
type of thing (getting upset without hearing the whole story) and feel just awful afterwards.
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-30-2011 - 9:45am

Laundry is going, dishwasher is empty and I'm showered.

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-30-2011 - 10:01am
Rough start today. The kids usually start school at different times so I take them separately but today Megan had to be at school early so I took them together. Megan went to bed really late last night and was uber-cranky this morning. All this makes for a disastrous morning! It's over now so I'm moving on. I'm hoping to get lots done today-menu planning, cleaning, grocery shopping, Christmas organizing, trip to the bank, etc.

Tonight is going to be a whirlwind. Evan has swim team pictures at the upper-classmen campus tonight so Megan and I will pick him up there, the three of us will grab a fast food dinner *insert raspberry here* because the high school is right down the street from our next stop which is piano lessons for Megan and I. Evan will just have to hang out and read or do homework. After lessons, we'll head home and everyone can get their homework done.

I'm sending everyone to bed early because they are cranky and sleep deprived.
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-30-2011 - 10:13am

I feel guilty :(

Community Leader
Wed, 11-30-2011 - 10:32am
Cheryl, my mom is like that when they come also. Heck, 2 falls ago, my dad was outside mowing my lawn for me!! I hate when they do that, and while i know I don't have to entertain them the whole time they are here because they are here to just spend ime with us and enjoy the kids, I still feel guilty when they spend a good portion of their time doing stuff around my house fo rme.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-30-2011 - 10:44am
I freaked out on DH a couple weekends ago; accused him of one upping me...all he was doing was moving the laundry around and did a little folding! DH would never go to the bank, in a million years, so it would be odd at this house and I'd be a ticking time bomb too if a check disappeared. I take care of all the banking though, which can be a bad thing...gives him a false sense of what we pay out on!

Hope he was just doing a favor Chelle...(((HUGS)))
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-30-2011 - 10:59am
Busy morning; Kenzie had 6:00 a.m. practice. She is in a rough spot again. I just don't know what to do anymore. I made a fatal error last week and asked the mom of a girl Kenzie has been having issues with to talk to me. Basically, left a voicemail on her phone. Well, instead of coming to me and chatting it out, she went to another parent. Long story short, she confronted me in front of parents, I told her to call me to talk it through and she told me to "grow up!" So I lost my cool and went back into the pool and demanded she talk to me privately. She came in and started making excuses. I asked her if she talked about this situation with another parent and after about 2 minutes of demanding it out of her, she confessed she did! She ended up getting her daughter and the little sweet thing told me, "I say nothing but nice things to Kenzie!" I lost it..lost my cool! The coach was pissed at me and now I have a group of women eyeing up my daughter and us! ALL BECAUSE THIS WOMAN COULDN'T DEAL WITH IT PRIVATELY. I feel like I'm in HS all over again! So I'm officially "crazy mom!" And the abuse continues on from teammates; yesterday she was ugly, worthless, dumb, deaf and never will get a boyfriend because she is just so ugly and not worth anything! I don't know what to do anymore. DH told her to take every word that has been said to her, write it down and put it on her kick board to keep her motivated. He wants to make a shirt too, but I'm worried it will be over the top. It will tell our side of the story though. Ahhh...ladies I'm going to lose it. Trying hard to be strong, but this is just so crazy and beyond what I have ever gone through.

I have a mandatory meeting at work this afternoon, Kenzie has swimming tonight and dinner will be either beef noodle hotdish or quick spaghetti! Have a good day!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Pages