Wednesday Chit Chat Thread, 8/15

Community Leader
Wednesday Chit Chat Thread, 8/15
Wed, 08-15-2012 - 8:47am

Good morning ladies, its Wednesday, how are you today?

Photobucket
Community Leader
Wed, 08-15-2012 - 10:26am

Good morning!  I have a few small projects to work on right now.  Deciding if I am going to run an errand at lunch or take a nap.  I have a 2:00 meeting that i need to make it through, so we'll see how I feel at noon.  DH took the little ones to the chiropractor this morning.  Jordyn is working camps today and was going to try and get into the chiropractor.  She was doing a whip across the floor last night and had too much bounce and landed almost flat backed on the floor.  So glad those years and expense of gymnastics lessons have taught her a proper safety roll, she said if not, she could have either broken an arm or completely wrecked her back last night.  She came home and took an epsom salts bath to help with the pain.  And tonight for dinner we are having beef stew.  Not really a summer dinner, but I was in the mood for it, so I got up early and put it all together in the crock pot.

Have a great day!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-15-2012 - 10:04am

Not a good start to the day!  Teagen woke up Kenzie and she was a bear about it.  Then it led them to fighting the whole way to Teagen's bus stop.  DH needs to stop telling Teagen about the girls and their differences, because it is driving a wedge into his relationship with our oldest and in turn their relationship with each other.  I know he gets frustrated with Kenzie when she's being a pain, but Teagen is using it against K during arguments and it just sets her off further.  I told K I can't talk to DH about this as an argument will ensue and it just opens the door to criticizing my faults and reverting blame. I don't understand why he does it...it's been like this for years and hopefully he doesn't damage his relationship completely.   I know his mom has said, she is very much like him, in personality and so I think he treats her the way he does because of that.  He was constantly told he was not a good kid growing up, even though he really was.  His parents would accuse him of drinking and doing bad things, but he never did.  And the accusation of lying was always there and it is with Kenzie too.  I have tried to reminded him not to treat K like he was, but that does nothing.  Every mistake she makes with him is like another notch and is held against her. Sigh...

I hope the afternoon turns around here.  I have to go buy a lock for Kenzie before I pick her up from the HS and then she has a therapy appointment at noon (I should join her with all that is going on with DH lately). This evening is a scrimmage. 

I was going to make chicken stir fry for tonight, we shall see.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers