Who would you like to see run in 2008?

iVillage Member
Who would you like to see run in 2008?
Tue, 11-09-2004 - 6:54am
and why? Personally I would love to see someone who is more moderate run for office. It seems to me as if this race came down to the characterization of Pres Bush as very far right and Kerry as very far left.For those who voted Kerry, do you feel as if Pres Bush is with the religious right and those who voted Bush did you feel as if Kerry was too far left. Which issues made you feel this way of both candidates?~Lisa
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-09-2004 - 7:33am

I didn't not vote for Kerry b/c I thought he was too far left.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-09-2004 - 7:46am
I didn't feel Kerry was too far left and I won't bother listing my reasons for supporting him since they will most certainly get trounced.

I feel that GWB leans more to the right. There is just something about him that I just don't trust.

I personally have stated many times I would like someone more moderate. Although some days I think my ideal president only exists in Hollywood.

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-09-2004 - 8:50am
Who would you like to see run in 2008?and why?.............

That is tough, I would say McCain, a lot of my 'why' is purely because he doesn't give me that 'politician-ish' feeling. He doesn't sound like he is always talking from a written script. He worried me a little in the 2000 primaries, I kind of thought of him as a maverick.

I would also love to see a candidate from either party actually follow through on a promise not to 'go negative'. I don't have a problem with someone pointing out facts but it is so sad to see all the junk that is thrown around, fallacies galore. If someone would say "I wont participate in that" and they would publicly condemn others, even of their own party for doing it they would score MAJOR points with me.

http://factcheck.org/article298.html

Above link to an article pointing out some of the biggest "whoppers" of the 2004 campaigns of both Bush and Kerry.

KathyB