Why would anyone want another 4 yrs?
Find a Conversation
|Thu, 10-21-2004 - 2:16pm|
I am a strong Republican. Have voted Republican for over twenty five years. I voted for George W. last time around. I won't make the same mistake twice.
* I was laid off (job outsourced) for a year and a half.
* Husband took a 40% pay cut since Bush is anti-union.
* We went from a surplus to an incredibly huge deficit. Bush may give us tax breaks but he keeps spending and spending and giving most of this money to large corporations, pharmaceutical companies, and Halliburton. He is certainly not looking out for the working people.
* My father, age 86, was a WWII vet and a republican who is also voting for Kerry. His reasoning? Bush is pushing us into another world war and is not listening to what is going on in the world, especially in Iraq. Also their drug costs have gone up and they are not allowed to get lower priced drugs from Canada, even though now Bush is saying that we can get flu vaccines from them?!
* The world is more unstable now than when we invaded Iraq. There are more al-qaeda in Iraq now than before the invasion.
* North Korea and Iran have both advanced their nuclear capabilities since Bush was put in office.
* Bush did not reimpose the ban on assault weapons and did not reinvoke the bill that Clinton had put into effect that put more police and firemen on America's streets.
* Bush has a drug habit (cocaine and alcohol).
* Bush evaded going to Vietnam and didn't even show up to do the service in the US as he was supposed to.
* Kerry fought in two tours of duty in Vietnam. He has a right to have his opinions on that war because of that.
* Bush mentioned that he wanted to privatize social security at the third debate. Yet now he says that he will not decrease benefits for current receivers of it. Does that mean he will just increase the deficit further? Or is it only us future retirees who will see the loss of benefits?
I am looking at the future and if we continue on this path, we are doomed to more of the same. I don't think our country can afford that.
Why would anyone want that?