Find a Conversation
|Sat, 07-19-2008 - 12:09am|
Ok - I am treading on new grounds with the whole grad school thing. My BA - which I got in 2007 was through a very non traditional format. No prerequisties or anything like that.
So here is where I am - I have been accepted to UNH - but would be a non resident so paying more in tuition but less in gas than I would in a state school. The problem is when I was told by one of the professors to go ahead and apply (in hindsight) there was actually no way I could start until next summer because of the course structure they have in place. I am on the waiting list for the course in the fall but there is no guarantee. I can take an elective but other than that I am frozen out if I can't get the one course.
SO my choices are this - wait for UNH and hope to get in or I could just take the bull by the horn and defer - which defeats my personal goals and timeline.
I could apply to the school I got my BA from and could perhaps start in the fall - I have mixed feelings on getting my MA from the same school I got my BA from - but would love to hear opinions from more expereinced people.
I could take courses through UMass online and apply to the program and be offiically admitted next summer with all the work and credits being applied to my program - but paying for it up front because I don't think I can get financial aid for just taking courses. We can swing it but it is tough - wait and about a third the cost of the UNH courses.
Any advice? I feel totally lost in this process - which seems to only fit 22 year olds who don't have 3 kids and a husband.
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope some day you'll join us....