Final solution to issue w/BM
Find a Conversation
|Wed, 05-21-2003 - 7:23pm|
This is what we've decided to do in case we don't get custody.
We were thinking about providing a home for free rent for the BM so she'll save money to provide for her dd, but that suggestion didn't turn out well considering problems that may arise from it. My dh called her today and asked her that if we didn't get custody of my dsd would she be willing to take parenting classes and some counseling to see where the true problem lies with caring for his dd. Is it the money? Is it the ignorance? Is it mental illness? Or is it just plain laziness? Of course she declined to the counseling and told him to shove the positive parenting bit up his ass and just give her more money.
So, what we're going to do is still go through with the custody battle and if we don't get her then we'll still do the followinng with some restrictions:
-provide CS payment
-pay dsd's school directly
-buy her clothing and other grooming supplies, but keep it at our house for when she visits.
-buy her educational supplies and have them shipped directly to the teacher of her class.
-pay for academic summer camp for when she's with us only in the summer
-pay for after school care directly to the school program
Of course when she heard this from my dh she was livid and called us all kinds of mother$%@$ers and such.
He told her that HE himself was going to take the CS case back to court for the increase based on his income only because my income is not legally included based on NC and GA laws. And that she will get whatever the courts rule, but no more. Of course she cussed, and cussed and hung up the phone.
So, the above is what we plan on doing. The CS will be increased to whatever the courts rule AND my dsd will receive all that we were already giving her except with some modifications to ensure she gets them.
We're still waiting on the progress report from her teacher. We should get it by next week. We have to discuss what we are to do if she fails again. We may need to go to NC and have her evaluated before any choices can be made about her schooling for next school year.