Identity Crisis -- please help!
Find a Conversation
|Tue, 06-24-2003 - 7:27am|
Here is how I can currently define myself based on what I am reading:
1. Leech (as oppposed to "leach," which refers to water passing through a vessel). Because I am financially semi-dependent on my DH, I am sucking the life-blood out of him.
2. Emasculator. Because I ask him to do dishes or bring up a load of laundry -- AFTER HE HAS WORKED ALL DAY! -- I am weakening him in body and spirit.
3. Susy-homemaker. I hate hate hate cleaning house, but I also hate living in a dirty house. So I clean it on a regular basis. I even go shopping for items to make it look better!!!
4. WAHM. Although I bring in a significant amount of income, I don't work out of the home. Does that make me lazy? Not self-sufficient? Unequal to my DH? A level above SAHMs but two levels below WOHMs?
5. Someone who "opted out." I couldn't "handle" working FT out of the home and taking care of my son. So I "opted out" and started my own business. I have done a serious disservice to all woman kind.
6. SAHM. My son is in school but on vacations and holidays, I'm a SAHM. I certainly felt like one yesterday -- you know, spending the day lazing around doing nothing. ROFL
7. Upper middle class? Middle class? Or part of the unwashed masses? I have a state-funded education. In terms of my job, I am self-educated. My horizons haven't been broadened with travel abroad. I read trashy novels.
I could go on but you get the picture. Can you tell me what I am (besides crazy, LOL)?