What are the top 5 pluses to your work status?
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
1) Enough time to myself and enough time to volunteer in social justice organizations instead of just Church and school.
2) Able to devote the time needed to research and
I'm going to answer for my "work status" like you said, rather than my particular job (which is how, invariably, some will interpret your question):
+++++1. $$$$2. benefits3. a feeling of accomplishment4. using my skills, knowledge, etc5. not being bored off my ass
---------1. actually having to be productive instead of lazy2. logistical manipulations required to run my house/family3. 4.5.
Top 5 pluses:
1. My work status allows dh to pursue the dream career/job he loves instead of settling for a paycheck.
2. I get to work on wedding gowns and make historical clothing without bankrupting the family budget
3. I really, really love sewing
4. Dylan gets to see an armorer making medieval armor and weapons in his shop and go to a real jousting tournament (for free)
5. I have great flexibility at the bridal shop and love my co-workers and "bosses". We are more of a family than boss/workers.
Top 5 minuses:
1. Both businesses have the same busy period.
2. Bridzillas and their mothers and bridesmaids
3. Man, I can only think of 2 right now. I reserve the right to edit this post if I think of more minuses.
The truth may be out there but lies are in your head. Terry Pratchett
Plusses1. I enjoy my profession (not necessarily my job though ;) )2. I interact with people on a daily basis.3. I like earning a paycheck.4. I weigh less than I would if I SAH.5. I am able to provide great benefits for my family.
Minuses1. I miss time with Samantha and Gabe.2. I have to interact with people whose personalities don't mesh well with mine.3. I don't have as much time to do some of the "domestic" things I'd like to do.4. I have to go to bed early and wake up early.5. Some of the stuff I do at my job is very tedious and boring.
"Now when I need help, I look in the mirror" ~Kanye West~
Plusses:1.Close to Home/School/Daycare2.25% off of Daycare3.Been there long enough to have lots of days off4.Benefits5.Little extra Perks company gives throughout the year
Minusses:1.It's work!2.Not flexible to be able to work part time3.Things can come back after 5 years and you can get in trouble4.Very stressful at times5.Small raises