iVillage Member
Sat, 12-28-2013 - 9:35am

The new year is almost upon us!  Do you have any dreams, goals or resolutions for 2014 that you care to share? Anything you are looking forward to or dreading?  Any big plans or changes set to occur?

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-29-2013 - 9:15pm

Many of you already know the big plans I have going on this year.  ;)

Congratulations!!!

iVillage Member
In reply to: bordwithyou
Sun, 12-29-2013 - 9:07pm

My resolution is to exercise at least 30 minutes every day.  Many of you already know the big plans I have going on this year.  ;)

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-29-2013 - 1:16pm

I am with Roll a quiet,  uneventful year would be great. 

We know that we have one surgery in the family this year,  a good possibility of another, will find out the end of January.

We canceled our planned trip to see me family in MI because of everything going on with my immediate family.  Hopefully we will be able to make that trip this year. 

Cannot say I am looking forward to DD1 surgery, but am looking forward to it being  her final step of her journey. 

iVillage Member
In reply to: rollmops2009
Sat, 12-28-2013 - 4:42pm

I am hoping for a quiet and uneventfull year. We have had enough drama the last few years to last us a while. Dd will, if all goes as planned, graduate college this summer, so that should be nice (we have been invited to attend).

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-28-2013 - 3:36pm
I've got some health/fitness/weight loss goals; I want to finish at least the first draft of my new book, and I want to get a lot of work around the house taken care of. The big change that's looming is that the younger son is scheduled to be graduated from high school and in all likelihood we will become empty nesters this year. I have very mixed feelings about that. There are three road trips I am looking forward to this year, involving Europe, Canada, and a yet-undetermined USA location for a weekend reunion with my sisters.
iVillage Member
Sat, 12-28-2013 - 10:42am

I'd like to go a full year without needing to go to the credit union and have my debit card cancelled and reissued; this has been somethign of a banner year for that.  And it's really something that does  NOT need a banner year devoted to it.

I'm very much looking forward to the birth of my 2nd grandson in late Feb/early March.  It's starting to feel real, now that we're organizing plans for who goes where, when.  (I have 1st grandchild custodial duties since I already told them I didn't see any need to hang around the waiting room for the baby.)  If she goes in the middle of the night, I'll leave work and meet them at the hospital to collect 1DGS.  I'm also ready to get started on the layette.